PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Mech. gauges in a clock pod or under radio?

One_live95
02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Well hello all. lol

Ok here is the deal, i have mech. water temp, and mech oil pressure gauges, however the lines, and the sender for the water temp, arent long enough to go around the fender through the door area etc....(would only make it to pillar) So my question is this. Whoever who has put mech. gauges in either the clock pod or a pod under the radio, where did you run the sender and pressure line through?

I think i am gonna take a unibit, drill a hole in the firewall tomm. beside where the throttle cable comes through so that i can feed the lines through there and still have enough slack to put them where i want them. I have a panel that was made to go under the radio...and that is where I WANT them. so anyone who can help with this would be greatly appreciated.

any other solutions are welcome....

thanks

Jason

qkjuicedpony
02-19-2006, 06:54 PM
thats how i ran my lines for the gauges.just make sure to use a rubber grommet to protect the lines and seal off the hole

One_live95
02-19-2006, 07:16 PM
:nice:, i still have grommets from feeding the battery relocate kit wiring through there..... thanks for the imput...

jason

joker
02-19-2006, 08:32 PM
I think i am gonna take a unibit, drill a hole in the firewall tomm. beside where the throttle cable comes through so that i can feed the lines through there and still have enough slack to put them where i want them.

That is how mine in the coupe were run when I got it, except the hole was drilled right next to the hole that the clutch cable went through. Like Brian said, just make sure you use a grommet and seal it off.

I had two gauges to go back in the car, but decided not to deal with the mech lines. If more guages go back in the car, they will be electric.

One_live95
02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
i would've gotten electric but i couldn't pass up the deal i got these for.... 40$ for both....pretty much brand new...

jason