PDA

View Full Version : Will this fuel pump work for my project?

DSkeet
02-20-2006, 07:04 AM
I bought this fuel pump for my supercharger project because it says it is returnless and will work with my car etc. But I am seeing people using fuel pumps that look alot different than mine(ie focus)...

http://www.joeblowracing.com/images/walbro_pumps.jpg

Walbro 255LPH EFI High Pressure Fuel Pump, Returnless Fuel Syste
[WAL-255HPRL]
Walbro in-tank fuel pump assembly comes complete with micron filter and all installation hardware and is a direct replacement for the O.E. fuel pump assembly. Walbro's fuel pumps offer excellent efficiency and performance in hot environments. They also provide excellent low voltage performance, a benefit in cold temperature, low battery conditions.

The Walbro line of high output in-tank electric fuel pumps are available in flow ratings of 190 and 255 liters of fuel per hour. A 155 liter per hour Mustang pump is also available. New this year are 255 liter-per-hour-rated "forced induction" pumps. These new pumps flow significantly more fuel at higher pressure. For example, at 80 PSI the standard 255 lph pump will flow around 132 liters (35 gallons) per hour. At that same 80 PSI the equivalent forced induction fuel pump will flow over 210 liters (50 gallons) per hour.

The conversion chart below aptly illustrates the capabilities of the Holley in-tank electric fuel pump line.

Walbro in-tank electric fuel pumps utilize a proven gerotor design. The outside dimensions, however, are compact enough to fit existing hanger assemblies, without modification. Coverage includes most popular Ford, General Motors, Chrysler and Import applications.

The addition of a high output fuel pump is an absolute necessity when other engine modifications such as camshaft, headers, larger injectors and fuel rails, higher flow throttle bodies, etc. are being contemplated.

These are complete fuel pump kits and include all drop parts, accessories and installation instructions. Also included is an inlet filter that meets or exceeds original equipment specifications and provides improved filtration and durability.

Installation:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate installation time: 30-45 Minutes

Warranty:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

Availability:

This product normally ships within 1-2 business days.

uvbnhad
02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
I was told to stay away from the Walbro pumps that they burn up or something like that. I ended up getting the SVT Focus pump but you can get 03/4 Cobra or Lincoln Aviator pumps.

The Rock 326
02-20-2006, 09:52 AM
I was told to stay away from the Walbro pumps that they burn up or something like that. I ended up getting the SVT Focus pump but you can get 03/4 Cobra or Lincoln Aviator pumps.

I got an SVT pump as well.

QWKSNKE
02-20-2006, 10:02 AM
If it is not a variable voltage pump then it won't work. That is how the returnless systems are designed. The computer sends different voltages to the pump to variate the fuel needed

Italian LX
02-20-2006, 10:12 AM
If you guys would read the description, it is apparently a new version that Walbro has made specificlly to work with the variable voltages of the returnless systems.

I would think it would work fine. :nice: