PDA

View Full Version : caledit vs EEC analyzer maf curves

sinistercoupe
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
just curious i'm getting two different curves using the caledit 9-30 point calculator and the EA one. When i plug my 9 point numbers i got from PMAS in caledit the curve goes all the way to 3250 or so kg/hr and starts at a very low voltage like .009

i had brad (incontt) plug the same numbers into EA and the curve only went up to 2500 kg/hr but started at .6 volts. I put this curve into the Tweecer and the car wouldn't even start.

With the caledit curve it fired right up and idled smooth. the curves look very similar (flow vs volts) all the way up to 3.9 volts where the caledit curve really takes off for some reason? So what i did was to use the values from the EA curve after the 3.9 volts and keep the 0-3.7 values from the caledit curve. From what i have seen most 50# cals seem to max out at 2500 kg/hr no matter either draw or blowthrough

i confirmed this with PMAS today and they said they is really not difference in the calibration except being on what is installed in front of the blowthrough setup. They said they would give me a 30 point curve but they charge for it...wonder if it would be similar to either one of these.

QWKSNKE
02-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I didn't know that EA did the 9 to 30 point conversion. I thought it only worked on the 30 point improvements

sinistercoupe
02-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I didn't know that EA did the 9 to 30 point conversion. I thought it only worked on the 30 point improvements

yeah, i don't really know too much about it. I just asked brad since i was trying to use that spreadsheet that is on the EEC tuner board but wasn't having any luck making that work and he said he used EA and i gave him my numbers and he gave me that 30 point curve.

Dale McPeters
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM

Yep pretty slick too by the way...

yeah, i don't really know too much about it. I just asked brad since i was trying to use that spreadsheet that is on the EEC tuner board but wasn't having any luck making that work and he said he used EA and i gave him my numbers and he gave me that 30 point curve.

Email me your flowsheet and let me take a look at it.
I have some more software to double check the numbers etc.

mcpetedl at grandecom dot net

Disney Lincoln
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Personally, I like the EA 9-30 better than Caledit, but both will need work in the end.

sinistercoupe
02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Yep pretty slick too by the way...

Email me your flowsheet and let me take a look at it.
I have some more software to double check the numbers etc.

mcpetedl at grandecom dot net

thanks dale. I emailed you the 9 point data. Let me know what you come up with. :banana:

Dale McPeters
02-21-2006, 07:46 PM
thanks dale. I emailed you the 9 point data. Let me know what you come up with. :banana:

You are welcome and I will try to get it back to you tomorrow night. ;)

86GT
02-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Opps did I foget to mention that it could do that. Disney is correct either way you go they will both just be estimates.

A Pony Chic
02-22-2006, 03:55 PM
How do you calculate the 9 point in EA? Also the conversion in Cal Edit asks for 10 numbers and the flow sheet we got from PMAS only has 9 numbers where do I get the 10th number? We finally got the motor back and an A9L so we will be trying to do some programming tonight.

QWKSNKE
02-22-2006, 04:59 PM
start with 0

86GT
02-22-2006, 09:05 PM
The tenth number can be 0,0 or 15.99, MAX Flow

As for the EA calculation all you have to do is open the MAF fitting tool and input the 9 points on the left table in the columns Volt1 and Flow1. You can then either leave all of the remaining rows with zeros or you can highlight the rows and hit the delete key.

You can then fit the curve by pressing the 'Fit Curve' button. There is a varity of different options for the calculation. Usually the sixth order polynomial is used. You can fit the 9pt curve to your custom voltages or you can have the EA evenly space the points and so forth. It is up to you. You can then save and export to a file.

A Pony Chic
02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks. That worked great!

Italian LX
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the site, Angela. :wave:

A Pony Chic
02-24-2006, 10:47 AM
:wave2: