PDA

View Full Version : making changes in the tweecer questions within

ncontt
02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
this may be part of my misunderstanding...when wanting to change things in the tweecer, ie. idle/timing etc. this is to be done while the car is NOT running and the key is in the "on" position? :shrug: the only time caledit AND calcon would be open together is when you are datalogging?

for example, say I want to set my idle to 1500 rpms.
I would have the key on but engine not running, open caledit, read tweecer, select scalar tab, then go down to the idle setting and put in 1500, then write to tweecer.

start car and it should idle up to 1500 rpms?

another question:
I can log the TPS voltage w/o having the car running? This would be accomplished by having the key in the "off" position, connect usb from tweecer to laptop, start caledit, click "utilities", select "TPS" as an item to log, click "payload" (and the check mark will disappear), make sure box marked "datalogging" is checked, click "write tweecer" (which will save that payload to that tweecer position), verify that fans/fuelpumps are not running, start calcon, verify that the green "Tweecer RT" light is on, click tab "dashboard or digital", check the box labeled "log to file" if I want to save it...,and then what? :shrug:

according to the datalogging procedures it says to start the car and then click the red button to start the log.....

sorry for my ignorance in advance...

Brad

Italian LX
02-21-2006, 08:03 AM
this may be part of my misunderstanding...when wanting to change things in the tweecer, ie. idle/timing etc. this is to be done while the car is NOT running and the key is in the "on" position? :shrug: the only time caledit AND calcon would be open together is when you are datalogging?
You are correct. You should make the changes while the car is not running.

You can actually write to the TwEECer while the car is running, but it may likely stall out while it's writing unless you give it gas. I don't recommend doing this (only because I'm not sure of any problems it may cause), but it can be helpful in certain instances (like not wanting to wait for the start-up sequence everythime you make a change).

another question:
I can log the TPS voltage w/o having the car running?

No. The datalog only works with the car running. As soon as you cut the car off, the log will stop.

If you're wanting to adjust your TPS using the TwEECer, just do it while the car is idling. :nice:

ncontt
02-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Italian, thanks man....I spent most of the day in the bed trying to get over this "cold/flu" thing I managed to catch... So changes will have to wait till tomorrow. Any other pointers are welcome. Thanks.

Brad

SHaFT7
03-14-2006, 10:41 PM
to log TPS live for adjusting, just turn the car to the 'on' position w/o starting it, and hit record :D

calcon will be a bit lagged, but it works fine for setting something like tps :D