PDA

View Full Version : It Runs!!!!

04 Mach1
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Picked up the crank and block yesterday at 4:00 and got started. I think installing the rings took the longest. I finished up last night with the motor bolted to the trans and motor mounts tight with the headers on. What a night the first time everything with smoothly. Got started tonight with the vavle lash upper intake and finished the front of the motor. Fired it up at 9:00 with a rough tune thing fired right up ran A OK (no glowing headers) don't know what exactly was wrong but its seems to be alright. Thing also idles smoother and is a little quiter. ?????? I'll see ya'll saturday:nice:

QWKSNKE
02-23-2006, 04:18 AM
cool

Italian LX
02-23-2006, 05:08 AM
That's awsome news, Mark. :metal:

NightHawk756
02-23-2006, 05:13 AM
:nice::chug:

banditmwp
02-23-2006, 06:25 PM
:nice:

A Pony Chic
02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
(It did run) took it out last night for a ride seemed to do ok other than a little sputter every now and then. Decided to get on it , it felt good until it popped the head gaskets and intake gasket. Am now tearing it down trying to make it to the dyno. If the stangs don't make it I'll have to take the vega.

Italian LX
02-25-2006, 04:53 AM
(It did run) took it out last night for a ride seemed to do ok other than a little sputter every now and then. Decided to get on it , it felt good until it popped the head gaskets and intake gasket. Am now tearing it down trying to make it to the dyno. If the stangs don't make it I'll have to take the vega.
Damn, I wished I had seen this last night (but I was already in bed :sleeping:). I was all ready going to stay up trying to help Lee on his SVO but we were at a loss for what the problem was. I would've been willing to come over there and help wrench on that thing in order to get it on the rollers today.

I hope everything works out.

04 Mach1
02-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Damn it when thins go wrong they ucking go wrong. Decide to try and get some sleep last night so I called it quites a 2:00am . I had the heads back on a torqued got up at 6:30 thinking it lacked about 2 good hours and it would be on the trailer, well everthing on but the upper intake and raditor I went for the oil feed in and the damn brass fitting broke off in the oil squirter. SHIT oh well guess it wasn't meant to be this time. On the way to get another car to bring over instead.:tlash: