PDA

View Full Version : Which would sound better..

torched04
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
A stinger cat back on a MAC prochamber or an X pipe? Which headers should I use? Are longtubes really worth the money and the pain in the ass install?
Thanks in adavnce.

joker
02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
A stinger cat back on a MAC prochamber or an X pipe? Which headers should I use? Are longtubes really worth the money and the pain in the ass install?
Thanks in adavnce.
If staying n/a, long tubes wont really gain you that much power. As far as midpipe, I am patriall to the prochamber sound, but it is all personal preference.

TheJeanyus
02-22-2006, 11:18 PM
I love my PC and Stingers. It's really loud, but still has a nice tone to it, unlike a lot of other loud setups. It doesn't sound harsh or "garbly", just deep and powerful.

qkjuicedpony
02-23-2006, 08:09 PM
we have a gt here with some spin tech mufflers and a pro chamber...thru tailpipes..it sounds damn wicked

uvbnhad
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Another vote for the Pro-Chamber.

banditmwp
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Another vote for the Pro-Chamber.
+1

uvbnhad
02-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Are longtubes really worth the money and the pain in the ass install?I missed this part. Personally, I wouldn't do headers until the point there was nothing else left to do. In the 4.6s, I don't think there is enough performance gain to justify the cost of having the headers installed but again that's my opinion. There are more than enough other places to spend money.

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I know a guy who gained 25 rwhp on a '03 Cobra from Bassani mid-length headers.

torched04
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Well I have the long prochamber assembly of course for the stock exhaust manifolds, but if I were to get any type of header besides shorties, would I have to buy a short assembly or can mine be shortened and just have flanges welded on? Thanks guys for all the input.

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Well I have the long prochamber assembly of course for the stock exhaust manifolds, but if I were to get any type of header besides shorties, would I have to buy a short assembly or can mine be shortened and just have flanges welded on? Thanks guys for all the input.
It would be cheaper to get the short one than to pay someone to "customize" the regular ProChamber, I would imagine.

Shorty headers will fit without modification, Bassani mid lengths require using their X pipes, and long tubes will require a matching short midpipe. I'm not sure if BBK long tubes will fit with a MAC midpipe, or what brands will mix and match, though.

torched04
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Are MAC shorties good? I wont do headers for a while, I just wanted to get some ideas. Are midlenghts/longtubes that much better than shorties?

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't do shorties on a mild (bolt on NA) mod motor. They don't give a significant gain over the stock manifolds, and they're a huge PITA. If you're going to go through the trouble, get long tubes.

torched04
02-24-2006, 05:16 PM
:werd:....thanks guys.