PDA

View Full Version : sirius antenna help

mustang1549
02-23-2006, 03:51 PM
i just had sirius installed in my car. i just need to mount the antenna. ive seen that people are putting them in the back window or trunk. my question is where is a good place to locate it in a convertible. has anyone mounted one in a vert and if so where did you locate it at?

thanks, chad.

Italian LX
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Shelly's was mounted on the peice of molding between the trunk and the convertible top. It is metal so the magnetic antenna sticks to it. :nice:

QWKSNKE
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
yep. That is the only place it would stick. The trunk is not metal

mustang1549
02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
anywhere inside the car?

uvbnhad
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I've seen it stuck to the glass on the windshield right behind the rear-view mirror. Cut you a small piece of double sided tape and run it there. Just make sure your slack is on the receiver end so it's easier to hide the wire.

TheJeanyus
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
My XM didn't work very well inside the car. Reception would drop in and out sometimes. It's not mounted on the back glass and works great, though. I recommend the place Brian mentioned since it's a vert and the back glass wouldn't work too well.

DSkeet
02-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah where they said. I definately wouldn't do it inside unless that was the only way out.

banditmwp
02-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I agree with Lee. Mine's the exact opposite though, I have plastic trim and a metal decklid, so mine is mounted on the trunk lid.

ncontt
02-23-2006, 07:24 PM
little off topic but are you guys/gals using the "micro" antennas? If so....how are the results compared to the "larger", NON-micro antennas? :shrug:

uvbnhad
02-23-2006, 07:29 PM
they lose signal just a bit faster than the larger ones do. I used to never have a problem going under bridges. In fact it's still not a problem but once in a while I'll briefly lose signal.

ncontt
02-23-2006, 07:34 PM
they lose signal just a bit faster than the larger ones do. I used to never have a problem going under bridges. In fact it's still not a problem but once in a while I'll briefly lose signal.

kewl, I have XM in the wifes car and almost never have the signal drop out...she's got the small flat roundish Terk antenna...I like it cause you almost can't see it....I have had the XM setup waiting to go on my coupe as well for a long time and was debating on what antenna to use cause I wanted something low profile

Thanks,
Brad