PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for new forum

uvbnhad
02-27-2006, 10:21 AM
What about adding a Project Forum under General or Technical forums? A lot of us have project cars or just progress reports on what's being done. Just a suggestion. I don't know if anyone else would be interested or not.

QWKSNKE
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I had thought about something like that but wasn't sure if it wouldn't be better to have it done in the appropriate engine forum

Italian LX
02-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, we could call it the :lookatme: forum. :D

. . . but actually, I think it may be a good idea. :nice:

SvoBrown
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, we could call it the :lookatme: forum. :D

. . . but actually, I think it may be a good idea. :nice:

We had about the same thing on the svoca (Saved svo's). Italian hit it dead on to what it would become on my site.
Another way of saying the same thing is "How to". I know alot about my little engine but when it comes to a 4.6 or bigger I'm lost as to what to can be done to them. From the simple to the "I better pay someone else to do it."

My friend just got a 2003 GT. The first site I showed him was this one.
He is still reading the past post. Great site to learn from.

1sicklx
02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I think it could work out to be a great idea, sort of a history of each persons car ... I think it would work best if each member was limited to one thread per car in it.

Replies could also be optional, while it's nice to get feedback, it's also nice to be able to just read straight through what the member is doing with their car.

I do think that all questions should still (of course) go in the appropriate tech forums.

TheJeanyus
02-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Replies could also be optional, while it's nice to get feedback, it's also nice to be able to just read straight through what the member is doing with their car.
That would also prevent thread hijacks and off-topic posts, which would get annoying in a serious thread outlining the history of a project.

uvbnhad
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
You would definitely have to get a few people to moderate it but it's do-able.

1sicklx
02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
That would also prevent thread hijacks and off-topic posts, which would get annoying in a serious thread outlining the history of a project.

:yup: my thoughts exactly ... I mean yeah ... shooting the chit is great ... but when someone is actually trying to do something constructive or asking a serious question it's aggrivating for it to get jacked into a completely unrelated post whoring session.

And I would hate for someone to go through the trouble of putting together a complete break down of their cars continuing build to do a timeline and then have to filter through bs just to see what they were trying to share.

QWKSNKE
02-28-2006, 07:07 AM
I'll set it up when Sendero gets done with some more of the forum fixes

jwillburn119
02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
it would also help in the problem of people trying to help other people out with problems and not knowing exactly what was on the persons car... thus has been my case several times... and it is a working case with 04mach1's glowing header problem... maybe if you made it a link in the user CP, so that when you click on the person's screename, you get the option to look at the history of the car that they are working on...

QWKSNKE
03-03-2006, 07:11 AM
went ahead and added the new forum

Sendero
03-03-2006, 08:43 AM
went ahead and added the new forum

NOOOOOO!!!!!111!!11!!1 It will cause major damage and unstability with the force!

Just kidding