PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 3.5.4

Sendero
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Is complete. I've also applied fixes that should resolve the Javascript issues with the search, thread tools, and other "drop down" functions. I'm going to leave the forums "as is" for a couple of days to ensure its stable before remodding certain functions and features.

If you have any glaring issues reply here.

Things I know about:

vGarage
Portal Page or "Home Page"
WAP/Pocket PC Skin is gone
EEC Downloads Section is gone

These are all things that will either be remodded or replaced, dependant on support in the newer version.

1sicklx
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't know if this is a result of the upgrade or if it has just been disabled, but I am no longer allowed to upload animated avatars.

QWKSNKE
03-07-2006, 04:00 AM
Evidently new memebers are not getting their email confirmation email either.

Guess that also has something to do with the 655 admin failure emails over the last 4 days I have received

Sendero
03-07-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know if this is a result of the upgrade or if it has just been disabled, but I am no longer allowed to upload animated avatars.

By design. Security issue that I will have to decide whether we want to bypass this or not.

Evidently new memebers are not getting their email confirmation email either.

Guess that also has something to do with the 655 admin failure emails over the last 4 days I have received

Thats a bigger issue that I have been working on. It's not affecting just us either.

1sicklx
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Also unable to reset password.

QWKSNKE
05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
We have another upgrade coming in the near future that should fix all these problems.

TheJeanyus
05-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Once in a while when I click on a link for a thread or forum, it makes me log in again. I've cleared my cookies and everything, but it still does it.

It may be this f-ed up laptop I'm using at work, though. :notnice:

Sendero
05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Also unable to reset password.

You can't use the Password reset in the User CP to do this?

Edit Password via UserCP (link) (http://forums.qwiksnake.com/profile.php?do=editpassword)

1sicklx
07-25-2006, 04:52 AM
couldn't for awhile kept getting an error, but it works now.

QWKSNKE
07-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Nathan,

Would you like to give a 'status' on where we are at now

Sendero
07-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Nathan,

Would you like to give a 'status' on where we are at now

List updated above.

QWKSNKE
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
List updated above.

:think:

So nothing will change until the next release?

Sendero
07-27-2006, 08:44 PM
:think:

So nothing will change until the next release?

I'm not understanding what you are asking. Last we left it the EEC Downloads fell out of support and no one took up the project. vBGarage can be made to work with 3.5.4, but we're back in the same situation when we upgrade again. vBPortals makes a nice "plugin" portal page that isn't affected by upgrades, but it cost money and I haven't had a chance to test it on my development site. WAP/Pocket PC is gone unless someone else wants it back, to many people were getting stuck on it without a way to change it back.

We were supposed to decide on a date to "move" domain names, but that requires a password change for everyone along with PM backups since the migration doesn't always pull them. Tell me what you want and I'll make it happen.

1sicklx
07-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I know that the time slip database is available for 3.5.4 but is it a plug-in that will be lost on every upgrade or do you just not care to support that feature anymore?

Sendero
07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
I know that the time slip database is available for 3.5.4 but is it a plug-in that will be lost on every upgrade...

That's up to Lee, I just work here.

I can tell you that upgrading vB with hacks is a pain in the ass, that's why a number of larger forums are slow to upgrade.

...or do you just not care to support that feature anymore?

I just don't care.

QWKSNKE
07-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Lets get some other things tested and go from there on all the hacks we have lost