PDA

View Full Version : need help asap!

dylan020
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
ok, fixing the lights today but ran into a problem. after stripping all the wires and reconnecting the new plastic piece to the back of the light switch...huge problem. I have all the connections right, went back and triple checked. Gauges work fine, headlights are fine, but corners and tails dont come on. Tried putting the flashers on and they work then, but thats it.

Any suggestions???

coupe
03-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Replace bulb :shrug:

dylan020
03-08-2006, 02:24 PM
the bulb's are fine as well as the fuses....hey matt, how much you charge me to take a look and figure it out?? :shrug: im tired of trying

QWKSNKE
03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Why did you have to do all this to begin with? Did something break or did the lights not work?

coupe
03-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I think he had issues with the dash-light switches first? Maybe it's a mis-connected wire in the switch still...What are you checking and triple-checking against?

dylan020
03-08-2006, 03:51 PM
ive triple checked the correct wires going to the right places in the back of the light switch.

I was having problems with my lights flickering while driving at night so i checked it out. turns out the plastic connector behind the switch had "developed" a big hole in it where it had burned up lol

One_live95
03-08-2006, 07:04 PM
hey i got a switch and some of the wiring i pulled from the wrecked car i had if you need it man...... if you want it you are welcome to it...

jason

coupe
03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
There's probably a common ground for them then...maybe just not connected? Chase down the circuits.

Blown 5.0
03-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Also tail lights are on a seperate fused circuit

dylan020
03-09-2006, 08:18 AM
shit, i hate wiring...im taking it to somebody, screw this shit

dylan020
03-09-2006, 09:53 PM
ok UPDATE:

installed new switch and connector behind the switch. Had corners and tails for all of about 30 seconds. Checked fuses and they're fine. Now, tails and corners only come on when dimmer is clicked over to where the interior lights come on...any ideas??

joker
03-09-2006, 11:50 PM
ok UPDATE:

installed new switch and connector behind the switch. Had corners and tails for all of about 30 seconds. Checked fuses and they're fine. Now, tails and corners only come on when dimmer is clicked over to where the interior lights come on...any ideas??
Bad ground somewhere? Do the corner lights possibly use a common power wire, but seperate grounds? A bad ground somewhere could possibly cause over heating (thus the burned up switch) and cause very weird behavior in the elctrical system.

I would suggest grabbing a large bottle of strong alcohol, a complete electrical diagram for your car, and a multimeter. Either you will find the problem, or be too drunk to care :jester:

Mine is having a weird electrical issue as well. I think we have checked every #$% wire in the car.

dylan020
03-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Yah, some Jack and coke sounds damn good about now........i just hate wiring so damn bad. Not to mention, we basically had to break the old switch apart to get the needle out of it to use for the new switch :nono:

CrimsonRacing
03-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Yah, some Jack and coke sounds damn good about now........i just hate wiring so damn bad. Not to mention, we basically had to break the old switch apart to get the needle out of it to use for the new switch :nono:

If you would have not been so DAMN much in a hurry and listened to me last nite,all that tearing apart shit would have not been necessary.... :chairs:

:metal: