PDA

View Full Version : Brake Rotors

Craig K.
03-10-2006, 06:17 AM
I need to do a brake job on the Cobra in the next week or so, and have been debating on what I should do for brake rotors.

The car is a true DD, and rairly, if ever will see a track.

The choices that I have come up with thus far is:
1) Cut original rotors if still in tolerance, and if I can find a shop to do it.
2) Buy e-bay Canadian rotors which are around $200 for a full set (all 4)
3) Buy Brembo Ford replacments though Diversified Prodcuts for about $60-$70 each after shipping.
4) Buy lifetime rotos at the parts store about $60-70 each
5) Buy cheapy rotors at the parts store for about $30-40 each.

What would you do?

QWKSNKE
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't do the cheapy rotors due to the fact they warp easily.

At a minimum I would consider the OEM Brembo replacements

coupe
03-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Check with SLVRBULLIT. His Cobra has some sweet cross-drilled. Got them cheap IIRC. Stay away from the parts-store ones, unless you want to honor that lifetime warranty...SEVERAL times. Brembo has a great products.

slvrbullit
03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
The ones on our cobra are parts store rotors. They are Raybestos brand and I think we paid about $100 each for them.

TheJeanyus
03-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't do the cheapy rotors due to the fact they warp easily.

At a minimum I would consider the OEM Brembo replacements
:werd:

Craig K.
03-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Heres the problem, do I want to go cheap and have a local warranty, go mid price for OE replacements with no warranty, or go a little higher and still have a local warranty (IE Raybetos high end stuff).

I know that buying cheap parts is like a cheap date, you get what you want in the short term but in the long term you usually end up with something that just gives you problems.