PDA

View Full Version : alright you weedetr, guys come on in..

94five0
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
well, the numbers didn't really change, but I haven't done any mechanical werk to the car either..

biggest change was stabilizing the a/f.. a lot smoother now. from a very dangerous 13.8-14.0 to a nice stable 11/12.5 which is always a good thing..
anyway, all said and done with teh Bama Chips tune, we're at 445/476.. not too shabby. got a solid base now and know what the tune in the car is set up for which is most important..

its got a massive 90mm MAF on it, stock TB, steeda blower pully, and stock Fuel system.. so that might indicate somthing.. but runnin her, on a 70 degree afternoon, doors up, and roughly 90% humidity..i wasn't expecting to break the bank..

stayed till 10:30 like Doug stated watching a miata thunder the rollers with a stump-pulling 107 RWHP.(although it would most likely eat my ass in the switch backs) but can't hellp wondering if the cooler temps might have shown better numbers?

any ideas?? :shrug:

NightHawk756
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm not a weedeater guy, but you have to expect a lower horsepower number when richening it up. A car will always, make it's best power when on the ragged edge. As in, as lean as possible without being too lean.

But it may also do a tad better with cooler temps.

I'm just glad the lean condition you had didn't cause trouble for ya prior to getting it fixed.

rtusnake
03-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Seems to be what most of those cars are putting down with your mods.

hevymtl
03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
It will do alot better in cold air.

TheJeanyus
03-14-2006, 06:23 AM
The uncorrected numbers will be better, but the corrected numbers should not change much based on air temperature. Sounds to me like it only has a 3.1" pulley. Port the blower and slap on a 4 psi lower. :evil: IMO, you need to get either a boost gauge or one of the overlays for the stock gauge so you can see what kind of boost it's making.

I would recommend SFCs and a shifter if it doesn't have one already as the next mods.

94five0
03-15-2006, 05:43 PM
ditto on the boost guage, its got a pilar mount in but she ain't workin right now..all i know is i'm pegging the stocker..:D