PDA

View Full Version : Battery trouble

89 Hoss
03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Battery keeps going down in the 1998 gt. I don't drive the car much and the battery keeps going down on me is there a short somewhere i may need to look for. I do not leave the alarm on so there should be nothing draining the battery i don't guess. Any ideas?

QWKSNKE
03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Battery keeps going down in the 1998 gt. I don't drive the car much and the battery keeps going down on me is there a short somewhere i may need to look for. I do not leave the alarm on so there should be nothing draining the battery i don't guess. Any ideas?

they will still drain down over time if you don't drive it more than once every 2 weeks.

My optima was dead the other day in the teal cobra because it had not been driven in a month

EZ SPEED
03-16-2006, 03:02 AM
they will still drain down over time if you don't drive it more than once every 2 weeks.

:bs2: Thats why I bought Optimas, they dont drain down like that. The Lincoln sat for 6-7 weeks and cranked right up. The 93L sat for 2 months and cranked up also.

A few weeks ago I drained the battery in the 93L by leaving the doors open for 3 days working on the stereo and stuff. I used the battery from the 03L that has been sitting in the bed of the truck for 4 months and it jumped off the 93L :nice:

Sounds like you both need to look for the source of the problem. ;)

QWKSNKE
03-16-2006, 04:10 AM
:bs2: Thats why I bought Optimas, they dont drain down like that. The Lincoln sat for 6-7 weeks and cranked right up. The 93L sat for 2 months and cranked up also.

i am sure mine is because of the remote entry flashing light coupled with radio pulling juice all the time for the clock and memory. Not much juice being pulled but let it sit it for a month hooked up and even the optima will be dead.

Shell's 01 is the same way as well as the SVO

TheJeanyus
03-16-2006, 04:22 AM
I remember Shorty's car starting up after sitting for like 6 months or something crazy like that. Didn't require a jump or anything.