PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a D1 is a pain in the ass!

DSkeet
03-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Well I got started pretty heavy into the install last night and didn't get too far(too many friends/co workers hanging around breaking my concentration) It seems that the hardware ATI supplies is pretty weak to handle all that pressure and weight of the supercharger. I kept having probems getting the two lower mounting points started and then trying to get the offset alternator mounting bracket lined up with the idler pulley(crossthreaded it once. And then it was a pain to get the belt on. Even with all the tension out it took 3 people to get the belt on and then I couldn't get the offset alt bolt started.. This is my first supercharger install so I am sure I probably missed something somewhere but I am going step by step in the book!! Anyway Marc(04Mach1) is going to stop by the shop tonight and help me get the blower mounted and lined up. Once that is done I can do the rest. I just can't wait till this is over with and then I guess I will be in line to get tuned!

uvbnhad
03-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Good luck...hopefully swapping out belts isn't such a bitch.

Wall96cobra
03-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Good luck...hopefully swapping out belts isn't such a bitch.

It's a bitch on all centrifugal mod motors

DSkeet
03-16-2006, 07:31 AM
ATI claims "belt change can be done in about 20 minutes"

LOL!!!!

Wall96cobra
03-16-2006, 08:20 AM
ATI claims "belt change can be done in about 20 minutes"

LOL!!!!

It's possible, after you do it a few times and know what exactly has to come off and what tools you need you'll get alot quicker.

mustangmuscle
03-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Good luck with the install!
Sounds like you're taking the time to do it right:chug:
Dont get discouraged, it'll be worth it in the end when you get that thing roaring!!:metal:

DSkeet
03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Well I solved the mounting part pretty much, it just seems that it is way too close to the stock idler pulley. I called Procharger and he says it's supposed to be like that. Guess I will know for sure when Marc and Lee get to the shop here tonight!

Italian LX
03-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Guess I will know for sure when Marc and Lee get to the shop here tonight!
I'm not invited? :(

DSkeet
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm not invited? :(

You came, you saw, and me, you and Marc conquered, the intercooler that is!!
:metal:

banditmwp
03-17-2006, 03:23 AM
You came, you saw, and me, you and Marc conquered, the intercooler that is!!
:metal:
so I guess this means that the i/c isn't sitting on the front counter anymore, then? :shrug: :D

DSkeet
03-17-2006, 06:03 AM
so I guess this means that the i/c isn't sitting on the front counter anymore, then? :shrug: :D

Yeah it's actually serving a purpose now and not just looking pretty!