PDA

View Full Version : MAF Curve for Granatelli

keesor
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I just bought a Granatelli MAF. 88-93 Mustang 5.0 19lb w/cold air tuning. I called Granatelli and asked them for the curve but they told me they don't have it. They said that they don't keep that info because of changing environmental conditions from day to day? My question is, they have to have some base numbers that they are trying to get close to? He said I should use the factory MAF curve???

Does anyone have the curve for this MAF?

I was going to get just the regular 19 lb without the cold air tuning but JEGS was out of it. My C&L is giving me some fluctuating readings at idle.

Also, I am actually running 24lb injectors but from what I have seen I need to use the 19lb MAF and tell the computer they are 24lb injectors. Is that correct?

If I have to I will take back this MAF and wait until JEGS get the other one in.

Thanks in advance!

QWKSNKE
03-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Also, I am actually running 24lb injectors but from what I have seen I need to use the 19lb MAF and tell the computer they are 24lb injectors. Is that correct?

What kind of processor are we talking about?

If you are asking can you run a 19# MAF on a 24# setup, then yes you can. But you will have to make some changes in the MAF curve. Although I think it is a BS excuse they told you about not keeping the curve and it changing from day to day, it doesn't matter because I am sure you would have to modify the curve since your actual injectors are different then what the meter is 'tuned to' out of the box.

keesor
03-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Actually the more I think about it the more I think I am going to return the 19lb MAF. Someone suggested using the 90mm Lightning MAF from Ford Racing? Then tune the Tweecer to the 24lb injectors.

Also, someone said that the 24lb injectors were too small. Here is my setup:

Stock bottom end, AFR 165 heads, Steeda #18 grind cam, Holley Systemax intake, 24lb injectors, 75mm throttle body. Right now it is naturally aspirated but I plan on adding a Nitrous Works 50-175 HP Wet kit.

What would you recommend I run as a MAF, and injectors?

Thanks,
Matt

keesor
03-23-2006, 07:54 PM
One thing I forgot. This is an A9P processor. The car used to be an automatic and I converted it to a 5 speed.

QWKSNKE
03-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Actually the more I think about it the more I think I am going to return the 19lb MAF. Someone suggested using the 90mm Lightning MAF from Ford Racing? Then tune the Tweecer to the 24lb injectors.

Also, someone said that the 24lb injectors were too small. Here is my setup:

Stock bottom end, AFR 165 heads, Steeda #18 grind cam, Holley Systemax intake, 24lb injectors, 75mm throttle body. Right now it is naturally aspirated but I plan on adding a Nitrous Works 50-175 HP Wet kit.

What would you recommend I run as a MAF, and injectors?

Thanks,
Matt
No, 24's will not be to small. My old combo consisted of AFR 165's, FRPP 'B' cam, 1.7 rockers, stock cobra intake, stock cobra t/b (65mm), stock cobra MAF (70mm) and a 255 in tank. 24's were fine in my application. You can see in the dyno room the graphs for my different combinations over the last few years.

I don't know much about the Granatelli MAFs but if you decide to send it back I would do something like a Pro-M 80 over the lightning MAF. Seems to me that the lightning MAF would be a pain to dail in since it is designed for the 42# injectors

86GT
03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Actually it is not a pain. All you have to do is place the LMAF curve in and then change the slopes to 24.

I dont know much about the Granatelli but it sounds like they gave you a bunch of Sh** on the curve stuff.