PDA

View Full Version : Not going into closed loop at idle

QWKSNKE
03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
What causes this? If I crack the throttle very slightly (raise up the idle 100-200 rpm) car will change over to close loop.

Trying to clean up the idle exhaust fume smell. Car idles around 12.2 when the in open loop

86GT
03-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Check the load. If the load is above 30 it will go into OL.

QWKSNKE
03-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Load is at 20

86GT
03-26-2006, 10:39 AM
If I recall correctley there is a function that uses the TP as a determinate of OL. I will go look.

93Cobra#2771
03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Yes, there is Clint. I want to say it is 3.78v TPS that kicks open loop. If your load value isn't doing it, and your tps value isn't doing it, wonder what it could be? :confused:

Italian LX
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, there is Clint. I want to say it is 3.78v TPS that kicks open loop. If your load value isn't doing it, and your tps value isn't doing it, wonder what it could be? :confused:
Thats exactly why he is asking the question. We have already checked the LOAD and TPS values and they are not in the range to force the OL condition.

93Cobra#2771
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Hmm. OK.

How about the possiblility of going too rich/lean during that initial mash of the throttle? In other words, it goes instantly rich/lean and defaults to OL/error mode at that time. Possibility of going past the adaptability of the EEC for correction?

Maybe you could fiddle with the MAF curve at that point, or the idle fuel trim and see if it makes a difference?

I dunno, I'm grasping at straws here...

QWKSNKE
03-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Hmm. OK.

How about the possiblility of going too rich/lean during that initial mash of the throttle? In other words, it goes instantly rich/lean and defaults to OL/error mode at that time. Possibility of going past the adaptability of the EEC for correction?

Maybe you could fiddle with the MAF curve at that point, or the idle fuel trim and see if it makes a difference?

I dunno, I'm grasping at straws here...

I would buy that but we are talking idle. No gas pedal and it is open loop. Crack the throttle and it goes close loop. Same issue when driving down the road, everytime my foot is on the gas pedal it goes close loop. Take my foot off the gas and it goes back to open loop (while cruising down the road)

86GT
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Have you tried pulling codes.

If I recall, the eec will also go into OL if the MAF is so far out that the adaptive strategy can not bring it back in tollerance. This is a way for the EEC to ignore the MAF input and basically make the EEC act as Speed Density.

What does the WB read?

Doug904
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Yes, force it to Open loop at idle and then tune the MAF transfer until you hit around 14.7 and then turn adaptive back on and see if it goes into closed loop. If you aren't close enough it wont go. Also, if ECT temps are below 100 degree's it wont goto closed loop at idle. I dont know exactly what PCM you are using but at 180 degree's of ECT at low loads, .07-.27, the Open loop a/f is commanding 13.9 so even if it is something else your a/f is off even in Open loop.

later Doug.

QWKSNKE
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
ok. So if adaptive is off, it will not go into closed loop at idle?

86GT
03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
True if adaptive is off it will not go into CL. Remember there are two things to remember about adaptive. One it can be disabled completley or two it can have the leaning ability disabled for a particular RPM and Load.

What are you doing to disable the adaptive?

QWKSNKE
03-28-2006, 02:56 AM
it is turned off by reversing the act adaptive min/max temps in scalars.

Ok, now that I realize adaptive has been turned off since going to the dyno last fall, why is the car going into closed loop anytime I am under the even the slightest acceleration?

Italian LX
03-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Ok, now that I realize adaptive has been turned off since going to the dyno last fall. . .
Unless you changed it since the clutch install, adaptive should be back on. I turned it on when I had the car a couple months ago.

93Cobra#2771
03-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Ok, now that I realize adaptive has been turned off since going to the dyno last fall, why is the car going into closed loop anytime I am under the even the slightest acceleration?
Because you have idle strategy, and acceleration/driving strategy. They don't work the same. Being at idle with no throttle input, the EEC uses different tables/functions/scalers, than it does during actual driving.

However, you need to check your tune and make SURE that adaptive has been enabled as Italian suggests...

QWKSNKE
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Here is the file I am going to put in today (this is an old one from around the end of january. In this file, adaptive is turned on

Right click, save as
http://www.deepstageperformance.com/tweecer/LEE-002.CCF

Clint or Dale (and anyone else) let me know if you see any setting out of the ordinary. I am pretty sure that the load setting needs to be adjusted a little more

86GT
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Change the time at high load from 0 to somthing like 2 and see if that has anything to do with it.

Also you changed the spark and fuel lugging time limit to 1.25. try reverting this back to 4.

What about part throttle brekpoint. you have it set to .029. This may cause the EEC to go from Part Throttle to Closed Throttle and vise versa in a cycling manner.

Just curious, why did you start with an A9L and not the X3Z?

QWKSNKE
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I didn't realize that the calibration had transformed into A9L. This may have been done by Dale when we were exchanging files last fall.

Maybe he will chime in.