PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problem

Scothew
12-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok guys, i've been running xenon bulbs in my car for 2 years now. Never had an issue. Now my passenger side headlight is braely producing light and stays the same on high or low beam. I swaped to a different (OEM replacement bulb) that I bought brand new and it does the same. I checked the connector and it doesnt seem melted, warped or in anyway distorted.

Any other idea's? Man the list of things to fix is adding up quick :(

RTGreen
12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Ok guys, i've been running xenon bulbs in my car for 2 years now. Never had an issue. Now my passenger side headlight is braely producing light and stays the same on high or low beam. I swaped to a different (OEM replacement bulb) that I bought brand new and it does the same. I checked the connector and it doesnt seem melted, warped or in anyway distorted.

Any other idea's? Man the list of things to fix is adding up quick :(

Have you checked the battery or the alt? Do Cobras have a voltage regulator?

Scothew
12-22-2004, 05:17 PM
well i havent had any other electrical issues. Its just that one side.

QWKSNKE
12-22-2004, 05:49 PM
check your ground wires

Scothew
12-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Its a ground. I was under the hood last night messing with wires and it breifly came on full power. A wire has come loose in that huge bundle of wires apperently thats in front of the air filter. I gotta pull it apart and get the ground redone.

thanks everyone :)

tacbear
12-30-2004, 03:21 PM
:chug:

Craig K.
12-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Scott,

If you want to stop by sometime to work off that list, give me a call.

Scothew
12-31-2004, 09:23 AM
I might do it Craig. BUt for some reason I got a coolant leaks thats started that is going to have to be addressed soon. Its something near the radiator and not the heater core like I had origionally thought (though paul and jason did find a small one back around the heater core that may still be causing issues.) this one is defintely showing leaking signs :(