PDA

View Full Version : Tracking down virations(may have found my prob)

One_live95
04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Well i have had a vibration in my car for a long time, i have been reading up by doing searches on corral and stangnet over the past couple days. Came up with the idea maybe i have the crossmember in backwards. I have replaces u-joints, had DS rebalanced, new gears, trac=lok, bearings, all kinds of stuff replaced and still had it. Turns out today when i pulled it out to look, it has a pitch on the crossmember to keep pinion angle optimum i assume, and i had the thing backwards making the tranny sit higher. Do you guys think this could have been the problem all along? I can't take it for a drive yet, i am still waiting on my fittings etc. for the linelock, and have most of that apart.

I hope this fixes my problem.

jason

QWKSNKE
04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I have never heard of that.

Then again I have never put a cross member in backwards:D

One_live95
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah yeah :banghead: its awful......lol we'll see

jason

One_live95
04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
after turning the crossmember around, my vibration is almost completely gone, an alum. driveshaft and i think i will be vibration free.

i measured the height of the trans with the crossmember in one way, and the height after finished, and there was 3/4 of an inch difference, enough to change the pinion angle etc. i am sure... this was measured while the car was on jackstands.

jason