PDA

View Full Version : Lower spring isolators

SkurdalenFox
04-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I’m moving on the issues brought up in this thread - http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=5891

I’m putting in the new springs now. Is there any reason to use or to not use the lower spring isolator on the front springs? That is, the sleeve that slides over the spring's lower coils and contacts the LCA.

I’m using the upper isolators with the Ford Racing Extended Ball Joint kit’s spacer. Between the isolators are some H&R sport springs.

Shorty
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
i would think there would be alot of noise without the isolators. why would you not use them. :shrug:

SkurdalenFox
04-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I’ve seen cars without them, and I was just wondering what the advantages or disadvantages there would be from using them or not using them.

Sendero
04-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I’ve seen cars without them, and I was just wondering what the advantages or disadvantages there would be from using them or not using them.

Noise. It will squeak like you know what if you don't use some type of isolator. As far as rubber vs. poly, the poly will last a little longer.

EZ SPEED
04-27-2006, 03:07 AM
We installed springs on a friends Mach1 a few months ago without the isolators...no noises / problems so far

DSkeet
04-27-2006, 05:31 AM
I have had my springs on for almost 2 years now with no isolators front and rear, no noises yet! Plus it gave me that added 1/4 inch or so drop I wanted...