PDA

View Full Version : So... whats up with the TwEECer forums?

Sendero
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
How long has the oplink host forums been down?

fireguy50
05-04-2006, 02:49 AM
past year, every other week

Sendero
05-04-2006, 08:17 AM
past year, every other week

Where has everyone gone? Mailing Lists?

93Cobra#2771
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
There is still an active mailing list, even more so since the forum has been down. Jon sent a message on the mailing list, saying the company he used to work for (oplink.net) had a disk failure, and are trying to recover the data.

:rant:
So now, ANOTHER year's worth of quality posts down the tubes on an otherwise excellent bbs, till he started screwing around with it! I'll never support that forum again - it was awesome until the rename/loss the first time.

I had over 1400 posts in there. Thankfully, I've got a lot of the earlier posts saved/printed, but I feel for those that didn't save anything.

What kills me is that that forum was THE forum for the tweecer user. You'd think Mike Glover would have kept a little closer tabs on things, or bought the forum, or SOMETHING to keep it from getting screwed up like it has been...
:rant:

QWKSNKE
05-04-2006, 01:28 PM
To bad more people won't come over here

Dale McPeters
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
To bad more people won't come over here

I am here............:jester:

:lol:

Anyway I agree with Richard there was some very imformative
posts just on data addresses etc. that everyone now seems to
be trying to lock away in the vaults. Wonder why? ;)

Cougar5.0
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I guess we are "over here" :lol:

86GT
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm here tooooooooo............

I had butt load of posts over there. Just plain sad!!!!!

gearhead143
05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Very sad if all was lost. There was a wealth of info to search for almost any problem, I for one did not save near enough. Going to be hard to sell product with out dedicated forum support.

boss96
05-05-2006, 08:53 AM
I suppose some of us could write some tuning guide stuff and post it here like we have on the tweecer bbs under FAQ.
FWIW, I see the files we used to have here are not accesable anymore either though.
Bob

QWKSNKE
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
yeah Bob that is still getting worked on. A upgrade we did a few months back has screwed up a lot of software items and that is one of them. Sendero is trying to get it worked out

Dale McPeters
05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
yeah Bob that is still getting worked on. A upgrade we did a few months back has screwed up a lot of software items and that is one of them. Sendero is trying to get it worked out

Tell him to hurry up or we may have to change his smilely.....:jester: j/k

QWKSNKE
05-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Italian LX
05-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Tell him to hurry up or we may have to change his smilely.....
:werd:

93Cobra#2771
05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
:rofl:

Sendero
05-05-2006, 10:48 AM
:321:

Read between the lines. :jester:

Dale McPeters
05-06-2006, 01:39 PM
:321:

Read between the lines. :jester:

gt90stang
05-14-2006, 02:50 PM
I stumbled onto this:

http://eectuning.org/forums/

It seems to have most of the Tweecer stuff

Enjoy, Don ;)

Dale McPeters
05-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I stumbled onto this:

http://eectuning.org/forums/

It seems to have most of the Tweecer stuff

Enjoy, Don ;)

:lol: .....if it will only stay up and running for more than a
week at a time now....:jester:
Jon did make a post that he had taken over the website
servers now. I hope it gets better...
I have spent all morning saving certain posts that I thought would be
useful in the future....then I will be done and can get back to work
on my wife's '65 coupe. ;)

Brian-Mc
05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
HEy... don't forget about me... I have been a bit of a slacker and have not touched the car since last Nov. Time to blow the dust off of it and replace a few gaskets and get back to tuning it everyother time I go out... Boy the wife loves riding with me while holding the laptop.. lol glad to see this site is still kicking some info out.

93Cobra#2771
05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
:lol: I've about decided to dust off the tweecer as well. Wife loves holding the laptop and taking notes for me too! :lol:

QWKSNKE
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Guess I am going to on my way up to the mountains in the morning

Dale McPeters
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Guess I am going to on my way up to the mountains in the morning

Yeah but who is going to be driving? :jester:

Jon 94GT
06-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, this is Jon from EECTuning.org...

The site should not have been going down. I was never aware that was occuring. Please notify me if you notice the site is down, but also realize that it could be your own connection. I know of all circuit/internet outages that have occured and they are very few and short-lived in duration, so I am confused as to how everyone has been experiencing issues. Please let me know when this occurs.

Anyhow, my old employer Optimal Link hired a less-than-optimal replacement for me when I left, their network was not watched over carefully enough, and they paid for it. I am sorry this occured, but it was beyond my knowledge and I foolishly thought everything was ok until it wasn't. I have my own Level 3 colocated machines and now the site is hosted in that location. Everything is setup appropriately for high availability and we should not experience these issues again.

On a lighter note, the initial site revamp was put online earlier today. If you like, please take a look at it (http://eectuning.org) (http://eectuning.org). There are a lot of new features and much more on the way.