PDA

View Full Version : subframes/adjustables

Shorty
05-14-2006, 09:15 PM
ok money is not going to allow for all the things that i want to do before the Dragon Run. so question is what is going to be more beneficial.

subframes or rear adjustable shocks? i already have adjustables on the front.

problem i am having now is that the rear is bad to break lose in hard curves. i believe that most of this is coming from the low profile tires. any thoughts or suggestions.

Got Boost?
05-14-2006, 09:50 PM
i dunno, i think subframes would be your best bet here

TheJeanyus
05-15-2006, 02:14 AM
SFCs. :yup:

Italian LX
05-15-2006, 03:14 AM
Assuming that you have stock rear shocks, my experience says that the rear shocks would be the better investment out of the two for road handling. :nice:

Shorty
05-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Assuming that you have stock rear shocks, my experience says that the rear shocks would be the better investment out of the two for road handling. :nice:

:yup: kyb stock replacements. i have just got to get this thing from breaking lose so easy in the turns. my car has far to much Dragon Run :lookatme: potential. :D

Shorty
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
to not start another thread...Nitto's run a little smaller than most. is that correct? i dont have enough tire to fill the fender and cant go to a 275/35/18 because i will go back to having scrubbing issues. so i want to go to 265/40/18 which is supposed to be a 26.1 tire. i dont want to ruin my street gear with too tall a tire. any opinions.

QWKSNKE
05-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Only the drag radials run smaller. from what we have seen on our cars the 555 street tires seem to be on par with other manufacturers

Shorty
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
:nice: that narrows it down anyway. thanks

Craig K.
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
You need to learn to drive the gas pedal as if an egg is under your foot.
I have KYB gas adjust on my '85, and if you stomp on it hard through a fast turn it will light up the tire / tires depending on how good the posi is working, I think that this is actually fun to swing out the back end of the car at 85+MPH and counter steer though it :)

Depending on how old the rear shocks are, I would look more towards the SFC's.

Shorty
05-16-2006, 08:09 PM
You need to learn to drive the gas pedal as if an egg is under your foot.
I have KYB gas adjust on my '85, and if you stomp on it hard through a fast turn it will light up the tire / tires depending on how good the posi is working, I think that this is actually fun to swing out the back end of the car at 85+MPH and counter steer though it :)

Depending on how old the rear shocks are, I would look more towards the SFC's.

i do enjoy swinging it around a little just not sure if i will the same will a very steep bluff on the other side. :eek: it looks as if we are going out of town this weekend (not by choice) so neither of the two may not get done. :shake:

99LS1
05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Subframes, then shocks. If the car flexes a lot, getting better shocks won't be as effective.

Italian LX
05-17-2006, 05:39 PM
On my coupe, I could tell the SFC made the car feel more solid, but I saw the biggest handling increase with better rear shocks.