PDA

View Full Version : idle

89 Hoss
05-16-2006, 04:33 AM
car seems to idling alittle rough, having to let the car sit to warm up before it idles then the idle stays around 1200-1400 rpms. don't think i touched anything while i was under the car. i extended the cold air tube down below the fender with the back side of the filter against the inside fender wall. i cleaned the msd ignition coil that was corroded highly and the car just does not seem to idle right after i cleaned the coil and rotor button and that shiney lever excuse my spelling early this morning my minde is several different places any ideas on what to check. this is on the 89 so you experts look at the mod list not use to all this stuff quite yet. thanks

QWKSNKE
05-16-2006, 05:02 AM
I would be willing to bet when you relocated the CAI tubing something didn't seal off and you are getting unmetered air in (air coming in after the MAF sensor)

89 Hoss
05-16-2006, 07:23 AM
i will check that out today or bring it to you and we will firgure it out:wall96:

Italian LX
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Check your TPS voltage (green wire to ground); it should be below 1.000 volts at idle.

89 Hoss
05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks Lee that did the trick. i put the tubing back like it was and that is fine as far as the tps voltage i have no way to check that and was not able to go by lee's today to do a further tune. car is burning a little rich though. i need to get the two mustang genious guys together to take a gander at it. Lee and Brian are super cool and always a big help to have around thanks.

89 Hoss
06-05-2006, 04:37 PM
idle problem FIXED i have been researching for the past 2 - 3 days about this idle problem i have been having i have seen it all i believe well today i changed the IAC sensor and rerouted the air intake tubing and PROBLEM FIXED and boy what a difference that makes. pretty weird though all the mods on the gt and none on the coupe and the coupe feels strong on the bottom end. feels good to do somethings on your own i guess. well don't know what is next on this one probably do a few things on the gt.