PDA

View Full Version : Couple of eecanalyzer questions..

cgjarvis
06-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I have a few easy eecanalyzer questions.

1. When converting my 9pt to 30pt Maf curve, do I use 3rd order or 6th? And if I use 6th and then try to fine tune my voltages for my Tweecer, it will give me voltages higher then 5volts for each air flow i try to calculate..But seems to work ok using 3rd order.

2. When trying to calculate injector timing, I can save my came specs and hit calculate to look at cam timing events. But how do I make it calc. my injector timing chart? If I hit calc. in the injector timing section, it just trys to open a file?

Thanks a bunch...just another noob tryin like hell to make her run.

Chris

94gt 302, cbaza/j4j1 pro80mm24lbs tweecer 1.3a

QWKSNKE
06-18-2006, 08:21 AM
1) don't understand what you referring too 3rd order and 6th order :shrug:

2) you have to have a datalog opened to do the injector timing

ncontt
06-18-2006, 09:03 AM
1) don't understand what you referring too 3rd order and 6th order :shrug:

I think it's in one of the drop-down menus in the "calculate" section for the 9-30 pt calculation. Also, have you read the "?" help section on that page, it may explain the difference b/w the two orders...I can't remember it's been forever and a day since I looked at it.

sorry.

Brad

Dale McPeters
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
You can use the 3rd order.
The 6th order was added later.
I use the 6th order for a special
application. If you have problems
just email Clint G. he will be more
than happy to help you out on the
software side of things. ;)

86GT
06-18-2006, 10:54 PM
To anwser the first question:

the polynomial orders (3rd - 6th order) are to tell the EA how sensitive you want the calculation to be in reference to the changes in the 9pt conversion. For most cases I would use 5th order. If you are having troubles with it, send me the 9pt curve and I will try it for you.

To answer the second question:

You have to have a datalog open in order for the EA to calculate the injector timing and to detect if the logged injector pulse width is greater than the alloted valve open time.

cgjarvis
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys! I figured out question # 1 and got the 9pt to 30pt to work ok. I am trying the 5th order now. 3rd and 6th order worked ok.

I am having a horrible bucking going on at cruising speed 1500-2000rpm. It looks like my lambse1/2 drives upwards to 19.0 and then my hego suddenly drops to .02 and the car bucks and check engine light comes on. Once Lambse comes back down to about 15ish....the Hego's come back up to .8xx.

Reading Mapping help in eecanalyzer says LAMBSE 16.64+ is rich.

My Kamrfs seem to be within 1% of 1 all the time...

Any thoughts? Vacuum leak? New ProM80mm needs to be clocked? Or just more work on the Maf curve?

Thanks All,
Chris

cbaza/j4j1, Tweecer, 302ci ,24lbs, Prom80mm/24lbs, AFM Powerpipe, Ford65mmTB, AFR165, FTI Cam, Edel intake.

QWKSNKE
06-21-2006, 05:02 AM
I am having a horrible bucking going on at cruising speed 1500-2000rpm.
I feel your pain. Does it seem to do it more when the throttle is closed or barely open.
I have had this problem since swapping to the 60's last fall

Dale McPeters
06-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Work on the maf curve that will solve 90% of your problem
if you have the injector setting size correct.

Do a search in this forum for a post that Qwksnk made
on this I posted a qoute in there that will help you a 100%.

Also check you load or load%, depending on your switch
settings. And make sure that they are in line with your combination.

cgjarvis
06-21-2006, 07:08 AM
It seems to be more appearent with partial throttle steady cruising in any gear. When the check engine light comes on the car starts buckin and if I let off the gas it even backfires and pops. And does not want to idle. I am going to check for leaks today. I may even start throwing on my old TB and MAF to see if that helps any. I dont want to tune it out if its a mechanical type problem.

cgjarvis
06-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks Dale, I will check his posts. My injector settings are straight from the j4j1 file and I have 24s just like it does. I have only imported my 30pt into the file.

It does seem to be load dependant. Not sure what to look at for "switching". I will do some more searchs on the subject.

Ok.... it looks like I need to turn off adaptive to get my Maf curve a little more in line.

Thanks again,
Chris

cgjarvis
06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Well it seems most of my problems are coming from my AFM powerpipe and Prom sensor combo. If I rotate the electronics towards the fender, the Lambse go to 19 at cruise. If I rotate the electronics towards the motor, the Lambse go to 10!!!!! No change in tune, just clocking the sensor is doing this. Anderson Ford claims this is not usually a problem as the AFM powerpipe is a straight shot from the filter to the sensor..no curves....

Atleast I am makin some head way. I think...

Chris

86GT
06-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Do you have another meter to try?