PDA

View Full Version : wheels and tires

89 Hoss
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Thinking about doing a 5-lug swap on one of the foxes. I am thinking of buying my wife the new shelby wheels to go on onebluegt and doing a suspension as well as 5-lug conversion on one of the foxes not sure which one yet i am thinking of sending 89 hoss to the paint booth in the next couple of months. does any one know of a combo to use to get some 18 x 9 inch saleens on either one of the foxes?

rtusnake
06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
I done mine with 94 spindles in the front and ranger axles in the back. I have 17x8 wheels though. I run 245 45 17 all around and get minor rubbing on full lock on the front. No issues with the rear. If you stay with drums in the rear I think you would be ok with the 18x9's

89 Hoss
06-19-2006, 11:31 PM
right now i am running 17 x 9's all the way around on both with a 275 on the rear and 245's on the front so i am hopefully i guess it would work. i am thinking the tires on the 18's are a 40 series but i am not sure i will have to check.

ncontt
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
here's mine with 18 X 9's on it.... and "C" springs, 275/35/18 Yokohamas on back and 265 /35/18 Kuhmos on front

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/533000-533999/533891_50_full.jpg

keep in mind I have the rear axle from a 96 GT in there so it is wider on EACH side by 3/4 of an inch....front spindles are from a 95 mustang

more pics on my site: flick here for my site (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/533891)

QWKSNKE
06-21-2006, 04:59 AM
One thing to remember is that pre-91 cars had smaller fender openings. So that could play a factor in scrubbing on the front

89 Hoss
06-21-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks for that slap there ncontt those are the same wheels i wanted to put on the coupe i guess i will have to do the gt then man that LOOKS AWESOME ON THE COUPE

Shorty
06-21-2006, 06:44 PM
here's mine with 18 X 9's on it.... and "C" springs, 275/35/18 Yokohamas on back and 265 /35/18 Kuhmos on front

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/533000-533999/533891_50_full.jpg

keep in mind I have the rear axle from a 96 GT in there so it is wider on EACH side by 3/4 of an inch....front spindles are from a 95 mustang

more pics on my site: flick here for my site (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/533891)

do you have scrubbing issues? i run 265/35/18 and scrub like hell in the rear. maybe just a difference in wheel backspacing. :shrug: which doesnt make alot of sense because the longer axle in yours should more than compensate for that.

89 Hoss
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
that is what i am not understanding myself don't know if it makes a difference but i run a 275/45/17 on the rear of the coupe and it does not scrub. now i have noticed that some wheels like the bullets on trublu 01's car, on the back of my wife's 98 gt those would scrub and even bind up to where the car would not move. i noticed on a lot of wheels they have some different spacing for the offset and inset measurements to look for. even the cobra r's so far as mm measurements to give you the illusion of a deeper lip on the offset but it is more in the inward curvature of the spokes. excuse the spelling but you know what i mean. lol

ncontt
06-22-2006, 07:28 PM
ya, they scrubbed a tad in the back, really needed to be rolled, and had to put a few more rack "limiters" in the front....fronts needed to be rolled as well, BUT it also had the "c" springs on it AND Tokico 5 way adjustables on it....

Do the coupe man, those rims are awesome on coupes....just my .02

89 Hoss
06-22-2006, 07:47 PM
yea they look cool on the coupe, just don't like copying ideas that i know someone is running. i know it is hard to be original on these things. not much that no one has seen. yours is awesome and i just would not copy your selection there know you are running it. i try to be original with some ideas as i can. thanks though back to the drawing board. i have a few ideas in the five lug though just need to put together some tire and wheels sizes from researching and talking to people like you with rad rides.

Shorty
06-22-2006, 08:16 PM
ya, they scrubbed a tad in the back, really needed to be rolled, and had to put a few more rack "limiters" in the front....fronts needed to be rolled as well, BUT it also had the "c" springs on it AND Tokico 5 way adjustables on it....

Do the coupe man, those rims are awesome on coupes....just my .02

mine scrub even after being rolled. :notnice:

89 Hoss
06-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Are the 17 inch with 275/45's any shorter than what yall are running?

Shorty
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
this should help you some. :nice:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

ncontt
06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
yea they look cool on the coupe, just don't like copying ideas that i know someone is running. i know it is hard to be original on these things. not much that no one has seen. yours is awesome and i just would not copy your selection there know you are running it. i try to be original with some ideas as i can. thanks though back to the drawing board. i have a few ideas in the five lug though just need to put together some tire and wheels sizes from researching and talking to people like you with rad rides.

I appreciate the compliments but feel free to copy this as it won't be like that for long......slightly off topic but the coupe was sold as a "stock" roller, it is now without fuel system, motor/trans, tokico shocks/struts, built 8.8, oh...and did I mention the turbos are gone too...;) time to find project X, and get some bills paid off in the process....besides, the SARG MJR said she would "get me some more (which I read as BETTER/BIGGER) turbos.....:banana: :banana: :chug: ....back to topic.

PIMP THOSE SALEENS...lol :metal: :metal:

89 Hoss
06-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Like that link Shorty and thanks ncontt, now that i have seen your car just came bring myself to do that but after you change it maybe i will see lol, just kidding that is the same reason i could not buy a car like Shorty's i really love that color but just could not do it somethings look great just the way they are and it is hard to be creative when you have seen the best way they look like you two have done there but any way back to drawing board and magazines later

QWKSNKE
06-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Wheels are one of those things that regardless of what you run, somebody else will have a set.

Only way to add personal touches to these cars is color, interior mods, engine mods, etc

Shorty
06-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Wheels are one of those things that regardless of what you run, somebody else will have a set.

Only way to add personal touches to these cars is color, interior mods, engine mods, etc

:wave: i know there is one somewhere but i have yet to see a Fox on Boyds. :roses: :D

TheJeanyus
06-24-2006, 08:21 PM
but i yet to a Fox
Have you seen an English book lately? :jester: :poke:

qkjuicedpony
06-24-2006, 08:37 PM
we just put a set of anthracite 17x9 bullets on the front of an 89 gt with 18x10.5's out back and it looks freaking killer.its a white gt and looks bad ass.ill post pics soon for you

Shorty
06-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Have you seen an English book lately? :jester: :poke:

:doh: apparently not. post is now edited and awaiting your approval. :D

TheJeanyus
06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Still missing the word "see". :lol:

Shorty
06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Still missing the word "see". :lol:

:shake: damn i wish i had a excuse to justify it but i dont. :shrug:

tried fixing it again. maybe its right this time.

89 Hoss
06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Have not seen boyds on a coupe myself and i try to read up on a lot of magazines. Cool man there are still allot of tire and wheel combinations out there that have not been used just have to keep searching. Especially around here does not take much to be original in Al. lol like the ncontt and shorty. One day, One day

Shorty
06-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Have not seen boyds on a coupe myself and i try to read up on a lot of magazines. Cool man there are still allot of tire and wheel combinations out there that have not been used just have to keep searching. Especially around here does not take much to be original in Al. lol like the ncontt and shorty. One day, One day

you can get some black drift r's with a polished lip. that is one combo i looked at. :shrug:

89 Hoss
06-26-2006, 09:20 AM
there are allot of those style wheels that i would like to use but most of them come in an 8 inch not a 9, they do have the offset i would like to use but i would like to have a little width for the tires.

Shorty
06-27-2006, 07:09 AM
there are allot of those style wheels that i would like to use but most of them come in an 8 inch not a 9, they do have the offset i would like to use but i would like to have a little width for the tires.

check the ROH website i believe the Drift R's do come in 9. :shrug: