PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Mach 1

Blown54
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
well me and Eric finished with the T-trim install about 2 weeks ago and i had been waitin on Doug to get my tune done.

Doug worked me in this past Saturday and we tuned the car with a solid 10 pounds of boost. We never took it to redline. he was worried it wouldnt hold it so we kept it mild. its got more in it.

it did 451/419 and it was HOT!!! i think it was about 92 degress outside when i pulled on the rollers.

a/f was steady all the way across and only had spark blowout on one pull. Doug fixed that tho.

only issue im havin now is that the car has a rough idle to it. Doug seems to think it deals with the IAC plate i have in to keep the RPMs from hangin...but i have ready that most people leave them in with the s/c. im gonna yank it out this week and see if it helps.

when im out cruisin and im let off goin down a hill or somethin, the car will kinda surge and buck very slightly until i get back in the throttle....

all in all im happy with it...Doug wants the car back in the winter time to get some better numbers since it was so hot. i just want to get the idle issue dealt with and everything else should be straight. Thanks to Eric for all the help. im gonna pay for it when we start back on the red truck...

time for more mods..any suggestions???

Italian LX
07-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice numbers, Brad! :nice:

Sticky tires? :shrug:

rtusnake
07-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Now put a jt trim on it:jester: Good numbers btw

ChipR4cam
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Now put a jt trim on it:jester: Good numbers btw
Right, and give me the T-trim.:D

EZ SPEED
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I will post a video and some pics from the Dyno visit in a few days :chug:

Too bad that theres not a built shortblock underneath or we could have turned it up !! :metal:

Thanks to Eric for all the help. im gonna pay for it when we start back on the red truck...

You gotta help me put the "Farmtruck" back togther first !! :jester:

Blown54
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
yeah i need some better tires now doubt.

if i had a built block thne i would get me a JT trim but thas a ways away but its gonna happen.

yeah we gotta get that black truck back together....Satan called and said he wants his damn ride back!!!

rtusnake
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Right, and give me the T-trim.:D

:baby: Maybe you would keep it then

EZ SPEED
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Satan called and said he wants his damn ride back!!!

:lol:

QWKSNKE
07-12-2006, 08:33 PM

borrowing Eric's slicks and letting me drive it :D

EZ SPEED
07-13-2006, 03:03 AM
borrowing Eric's slicks and letting me drive it :D

I think he wants to keep it in one piece....El Destructo :jester:

Brian Bradford
07-13-2006, 08:45 AM
i have a jt trim for sale with intercooler setup and a badass built bottom end 4 sale hmm

ChipR4cam
07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
:baby: Maybe you would keep it then
Naaaaa, doubt it.:D

Italian LX
07-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Naaaaa, doubt it.:D
:werd:

The car would look just as ugly to Brittany even with a T-trim under the hood. ;)

Blown54
07-13-2006, 10:58 AM
i have a jt trim for sale with intercooler setup and a badass built bottom end 4 sale hmm

i need a built bottom end so i can turn this here T-trim up!!! what kinda bottom end u got???

the car feels so slow to me. it feels weak i guess cuz it takes so much to turn the bigger blower. i just want the idle worked out for now.

TheJeanyus
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
i need a built bottom end so i can turn this here T-trim up!!! what kinda bottom end u got???

the car feels so slow to me. it feels weak i guess cuz it takes so much to turn the bigger blower. i just want the idle worked out for now.
Centrifugal blowers don't feel as impressive as roots/twin screw blowers to me. I'd imagine you're used to the instant full boost from the Eaton on the Lightning. I drove QWKSNKE's car, and while it has more power than my car while weighing a good bit less (and is crazy fast), my Cobra seems to plant you to the seat harder or something. Centrifugals are much smoother since boost builds with rpm and the power comes on more steady.

Blown54
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Centrifugal blowers don't feel as impressive as roots/twin screw blowers to me. I'd imagine you're used to the instant full boost from the Eaton on the Lightning. I drove QWKSNKE's car, and while it has more power than my car while weighing a good bit less (and is crazy fast), my Cobra seems to plant you to the seat harder or something. Centrifugals are much smoother since boost builds with rpm and the power comes on more steady.

yeah i loved my Eaton. i like that hard hittin power down low.

but when i ride in Chips car it just feels like it would walk all over me. i know its faster but it feels way faster and way more powerful.

maybe its just me... who knows???

Italian LX
07-13-2006, 12:04 PM
but when i ride in Chips car it just feels like it would walk all over me.
Cars always feel a lot more powerful when you are riding compared to when you are driving. Find someone you trust and let them drive your car hard while you're in the passanger seat -- you will definitely tell a difference. :yup:

TheJeanyus
07-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Cars always feel a lot more powerful when you are riding compared to when you are driving. Find someone you trust and let them drive your car hard while you're in the passanger seat -- you will definitely tell a difference. :yup:
:werd: When Matt drives my car it scares me. :D

EZ SPEED
07-13-2006, 12:10 PM

:wave: Meeee... I just havent had a chance to drive it yet.:roadrace:

banditmwp
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
:werd: When Matt drives my car it scares me. :D
:shrug:

:evil:

TheJeanyus
07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
:shrug:

:evil:
I meant the car, not you. I've ridden with Drew - I don't think any other driver can scare me. :jester:

QWKSNKE
07-13-2006, 04:57 PM

:wave:

:D

Jeanyus.. You need to be in my car when I drop the clutch at 5k rpm.

That's when simulates a roots style blower and throws down all the boost

TheJeanyus
07-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Jeanyus.. You need to be in my car when I drop the clutch at 5k rpm.

That's when simulates a roots style blower and throws down all the boost
I've never been in my car doing that either. :P I was really talking more about laying into the throttle at 3000 rpms and not so much leaving the line hard.

QWKSNKE
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM

but when i ride in Chips car it just feels like it would walk all over me. i know its faster but it feels way faster and way more powerful.

Most of that is probably because of the "de-tune" that Doug had to put in the car. There is no telling how much timing is in it. You could probably throw more timing in it on the low end ( say 4000 rpm and below) and the car would feel a lot better on the low end and mid range.

I am only speculating though. Doug may have tuned it with a good timing curve on the low end or he may have pulled timing through the entire curve :shrug:

QWKSNKE
07-13-2006, 08:10 PM
I've never been in my car doing that either. :P I was really talking more about laying into the throttle at 3000 rpms and not so much leaving the line hard.

You haven't? Let me do it. You don't know what your missing :D

Wall96cobra
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM

That's because the s-trim is a smaller blower and it turns up faster and feels better in the mid rpm range than the t-trim....plus you're out of the efficient boost range for the t-trim. I have talked to a few people that have went from a S-trim to a T-trim and said they like the s-trim better for the street because it feels better in the mid rpm range.

Scothew
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Doesn't chips cobra have 4.10's in it still or did that change? Also is the Mach1 running the stock 3.55's. That'd make a huge difference in how the power feels, just because of the quicker acceleration.

Italian LX
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
You haven't? Let me do it. You don't know what your missing :D
Yeah, he also needs to experience a nitrous launch. :evil:

Blown54
07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
im runnin 4.10s also. i love em!!! car feels better everyday tho like its learnin itself...i dont know.