PDA

View Full Version : New Product Idea................

tacbear
07-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Is there anyone here that would like to be able to protect the front of their car from rock chips and "Love Bugs" but would never put one of those ugly vinyl Bra's on their car????

What if there was a product that you could "Paint" on the front of your car when you went on a "Road Trip" that was all but invisible and it would protect it from bugs and rocks, then when you get home you just peel it off??

I value the opinion of everyone on this board, so would something like this interest anyone here?

The reason I am asking is, I have been testing such a product for 7 months and I am thinking of bringing it to Market!

I have some video's of me peeling the stuff off, but I don't know how to post them.

SvoBrown
07-15-2006, 10:04 AM
3M had some tape like stuff. Kinda like the stuff you see on new cars being shipped. For autocross, weekend racers it would be really good because of the track grit and rubber that comes off the track. New gt500 owners would love it.
I hate bugs!

EZ SPEED
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I tried the Duplicolor "spray paint mask" that works okay. washes right off with soap or a pressure washer.

But yours sounds better...I am interested. ;)

tacbear
07-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I tried the Duplicolor "spray paint mask" that works okay. washes right off with soap or a pressure washer.

But yours sounds better...I am interested. ;)

I tried the Duplicolor stuff and it will defintely NOT protect against bugs! No matter how many coats you spray on it is too thin and you can rub it off with your finger. Also the Duplicolor is a spray so you have to mask your car off like you are painting it--too time consuming. The stuff I have discovered (haven't got a name for it yet) only requires you to mask the outer edges with masking tape so you have a sharp edge.

tacbear
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
3M had some tape like stuff. Kinda like the stuff you see on new cars being shipped. For autocross, weekend racers it would be really good because of the track grit and rubber that comes off the track. New gt500 owners would love it.
I hate bugs!

My product is easier to apply and remove and protects from rubber, rocks, bugs,etc. and will cost about 2 to 3 dollars to cover the front of a Mustang.

QWKSNKE
07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Go for it Whit

Ponygirl
07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
:nice:

Shorty
07-17-2006, 08:43 PM
My product is easier to apply and remove and protects from rubber, rocks, bugs,etc. and will cost about 2 to 3 dollars to cover the front of a Mustang.

sounds good to me. :nice: real good once i get all the chips i already have painted over. :D

EZ SPEED
07-18-2006, 03:00 AM
I have another trip to Kansas City coming in 2 months....Hook us up !! ;)

NightHawk756
07-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I need some for the new truck when we drive to Gulf Shores in September! :nice:

SvoBrown has it right. It would be perfect for the track. So you can coat your quarter panels to easily remove the track grit and rubber!!

tacbear
07-18-2006, 07:34 AM
I have another trip to Kansas City coming in 2 months....Hook us up !! ;)

Eric, I will be in Mobile this week, but when I get back I will get with you and bring you some of it:metal:

tacbear
07-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I need some for the new truck when we drive to Gulf Shores in September! :nice:

SvoBrown has it right. It would be perfect for the track. So you can coat your quarter panels to easily remove the track grit and rubber!!

Brad, since you are a close friend it is only going to cost you double!

:jester:

93Cobra#2771
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Definite interest here as well. And if you need help doing some marketing or graphic design, you know where to go... :D

EZ SPEED
07-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Eric, I will be in Mobile this week, but when I get back I will get with you and bring you some of it:metal:

Thanks Whit !!! :chug:

Blown 5.0
07-19-2006, 03:31 PM
It would intrest me also, i usually wax the front of the Mach and leave the wax on just so the bugs wont stick.