PDA

View Full Version : torque-arm...

coupe
08-04-2006, 08:01 AM
I have been offered a Maximum Motorsports Torque-arm/Panhard Link setup to "use" since a friend did not like the drag-characteristics of it.

Any of you guys think these are good setups for street/strip? I know the handling is improved, but will it be compatible with my megabite jrs? Also, Anyone know if the tailpipes can be run w/ the Panhard on?

Thanks for input.

SvoBrown
08-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Take it and then let me have it! There are lots of write ups on the torque arm pan hard bar setup. I have read in strip cars they break under heavy load with slicks. Road racers like them but you have to change out springs to match it in front and back. I am putting a track link in the 85.5 that I have, about the same thing but sits to the side of the rear with no clearance problems.
What price and then let me know when you what to sale it. I want it.

coupe
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
It actually has the arm, panhard, and the springs like you said.
Price? He tried it, is not using it anymore, and said "take it."

I saw his car launch with it (and the anti-roll setup) and it looked fantastic. I don't know why he got rid of it, but he's happy now so maybe I'll give it a try. I'm just concerned with tailpipes.

SvoBrown
08-04-2006, 11:25 AM
:jester:

SvoBrown
It actually has the arm, panhard, and the springs like you said.
Price? He tried it, is not using it anymore, and said "take it."

I saw his car launch with it (and the anti-roll setup) and it looked fantastic. I don't know why he got rid of it, but he's happy now so maybe I'll give it a try. I'm just concerned with tailpipes.

I hate you! I got dumps before the axles for my 84 with the pan hard bar. on my 85.5 I will have the exhaust out the front fender or do the side exhaust,

I think the MMS is setup for the duel exhaust and will work.

SvoBrown
Lucky

93Cobra#2771
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Some types of tailpipes (according to brand) will clear the PHB. I believe MM says Dynomax and any other brand that closely follows the original pipe routing works.

Only thing I've heard on them is wheel hop under SEVERE braking. They are supposed to be AWESOME for use on a street/strip car. One drawback is reduced ground clearance under the pumpking - something like 4" or so total, IIRC.

coupe
08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Yea. The thing has a big bracket that mounts around the pumpkin...then a separate cross-member is installed to bolt the torque-arm bushing to about mid-way up the chassis.

If I don't like it, I'm sure I could find someone else who would :D.

SvoBrown
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Don't play with my heart like that. It will fit on the 8.8 rear so don't think of putting it on the 7.5. Unless you have changed it already.