PDA

View Full Version : 2.3 perfomance upgrades?

CrimsonGT
08-19-2006, 09:02 AM
anyone got any cheap (under $100) recommendations for a 88 mustang lx 2.3 to get a little better performance but mostly economy.

rtusnake
08-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Only thing I have heard of is doing a ranger header but not sure from what year model. Not alot of cheap modes to do to them that are impressive. Thats why i'm going to do the turbo swap one day

SvoBrown
08-19-2006, 06:59 PM
All the power is in the head. Port work is free if you do it yourself. Cams are little pricey unless you find a deal on ebay. You n/a needs some back pressure on the exhaust side but at 125 hp its not hard to push that thru.

*Bump your timing up to 12 to 15 deg and then only use 93 gas.
Soon as you break something you can do that turbo swap you wanted. I got all the parts you need sitting in my shop.

I got a good slide cam you may want to play with for a n/a round-d-round
Power range is from 3300 to 7000

* only at your own risk.

CrimsonGT
08-19-2006, 07:26 PM
All the power is in the head. Port work is free if you do it yourself. Cams are little pricey unless you find a deal on ebay. You n/a needs some back pressure on the exhaust side but at 125 hp its not hard to push that thru.

*Bump you timing up to 12 to 15 deg and then only use 93 gas.
Soon as you break something you can do that turbo swap you wanted. I got all the parts you need sitting in my shop.

I got a good slide cam you may want to play with for a n/a round-d-round
Power range is from 3300 to 7000

* only at your own risk.

I'm doing the body work to it right now and soon as that is done i will get a tag and insurance for the car.
you need to come look at it and what we need to do to it.
but let me tell you what I fond to put on the car.
a complete 99 mustang front brakes and spindles for $100

SvoBrown
08-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Pm me your address and I'll make a spare day. I'll bring my clubs too.

CrimsonGT
08-19-2006, 07:56 PM
shure thing but it will be a few weeks before i can do anything