PDA

View Full Version : MAF voltage high as 30k volts

slvrbullit
08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Do you have this problem? I did until I was sitting there about ready to pull out the 9 and put the EEC out of my misery. Had been talking to Lee and Brian about this and they both suggested a bad/corrupt file. Well I said ok and re read the stock eec and saved it to desktop, then I wrote that file to the tweecer and fired it up and started a log file, bam 35k volts at idle on the MAF voltage. SO I go thru and look at everything, turns out that the utilities for the items to log are unchecked even though some of the positions I have on the tweecer have them as checked when I wrote the files.

I then procede to re write the tweecer but with the appropriate boxes checked, this takes care of the super high MAF voltages.

Is it normal for you to have to go to utilities and select a payload everytime when writing a new file? Just curious.

Thanks, hope this helps others that have this problem.
Tommy

Dale McPeters
08-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Is it normal for you to have to go to utilities and select a payload everytime when writing a new file? Just curious.
Tommy

Tommy this is not normal at all......
I "ASSume" after recieving the email from Lee F. today that
this will be fixed in the '0X.xxx update of the software.....

QWKSNKE
08-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately yes. Each time you write a new file, you have to select whatever payload you want to datalog

86GT
08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately yes. Each time you write a new file, you have to select whatever payload you want to datalog

This is not quite true. I can write as many times as I want and not have to redo the payload. There is one catch to this. If any one of the switch positions has a different payload and you switch tunes on the fly the payload will get messed up. I have the same payload in all positions and I have no problems.

slvrbullit
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
This is not quite true. I can write as many times as I want and not have to redo the payload. There is one catch to this. If any one of the switch positions has a different payload and you switch tunes on the fly the payload will get messed up. I have the same payload in all positions and I have no problems.

So you are suppose to be able to switch on the fly? When I switch on the fly, whether it be driving down the road or sitting idle the car with either stumble really bad if driving or completely die if idle when switched.

86GT
08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
I have been able to switch between tunes without any problems. Keep in mind that if the MAFs, Injector offset or slopes are different between the tunes then the stumbling can occur.

If tune number one has had time to adjust (adaptive strategy) and then you switch to tune number two with a leaner MAF then it may stumble or even die.

I stay away from any thing that will affect the adaptive strategy to re adjust. I use the different tunes for things like spark, fuel and even idle info.