PDA

View Full Version : Hot start issues

slvrbullit
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I have been having a lot of trouble gettin the car to run after it is up to operating temp. In order for me to even get the car to run I have to hold the gas to the floor and turn the key and then keep patting the pedal to get it to idle. I have a 30pt curve for the MAF and in the last tune I leaned it 3% accross the entire bad to see if that helped but it seems as there is no change. I have a coulple log files that may or may not do anyone any good if someone can look at them.

ncontt
08-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I do know that when you put the pedal to the floor it shuts off the injectors (when starting) so it seems to me that that area may still be too rich, have you checked the plugs to see if they are OK? They maybe fouled out...:shrug:

Italian LX
08-25-2006, 03:43 PM
You're running bigger injectors, right? It's probably dumping more fuel due to them and flooding when it starts -- that's why you have to open the TB some.

Are you still using the TwEECer? If so, you can adjust your fuel start-up tables to compensate for your bigger injectors.

slvrbullit
08-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Yea still using the tweecer, just not all that confident in changing all that shit.