PDA

View Full Version : What Brand of Throw out Bearing?

Craig K.
01-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Well next Friday and through the weekend I plan on changing the throw out bearing in the '95.

What brand should I get?
Napa has one around $15-$20, and one thats $35-$40.
D&D sells a Ford one (OEM replacment I think) that is around $20.

Also should I replace the ball stud and clutch fork? They are squeking now, I do plan on greasing them up to try and quite them down.

I really think that I will probably do a complete clutch change in a year or so any how, at that time I will go with a King Cobra, so should I spend more money now, or just change it out with the $20 bearing?

Lastly, I am still thinking that it is the TO-B, I am only planning on pulling the trans, replacing the bearing, grease up the input shaft (man that sounds bad) grease up the ball stud and clutch fork.
I will check the pressure plate fingers, if they are really messed up, then I will through in Coupes old clutch disc and pressure plate. I would probably also go out and pick up a new pilot bearing as well (if I could find one in stock somewhere) then re-assemble.
If the pressure plate fingers look good, I will just re-assemble with the new TO-B and hope my problems are gone.

EZ SPEED
01-31-2005, 04:19 AM
Personally....I wouldnt pull the trans just for the TOB, I would wait and pull the trans when I could do it all.
But thats just me ;)

QWKSNKE
01-31-2005, 04:37 AM
:werd:

Craig K.
01-31-2005, 06:06 AM
Well, I can inspect the clutch plate and there is plenty of material there.
So I really don't need to change the clutch (from what I can see now).

The TOB is squelling like a stuck pig, and drives me nuts, same with the fork to pivot ball.

Besides I want to change the tranny fluid, add my shifter and put on the H-Pipe that I bought from Eric, so might as well pull the tranny and do it all.

Also I have been able to do the one in the '85 in under a couple hours, so it shouldn't be that big on a deal.

QWKSNKE
01-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Well, I can inspect the clutch plate and there is plenty of material there.
So I really don't need to change the clutch (from what I can see now).

The TOB is squelling like a stuck pig, and drives me nuts, same with the fork to pivot ball.

Besides I want to change the tranny fluid, add my shifter and put on the H-Pipe that I bought from Eric, so might as well pull the tranny and do it all.

Also I have been able to do the one in the '85 in under a couple hours, so it shouldn't be that big on a deal.

That's cool. Both Eric and I hate pulling transmissions so that's why we would just go ahead and replace the clutch too

EZ SPEED
01-31-2005, 07:06 AM
That's cool. Both Eric and I hate pulling transmissions so that's why we would just go ahead and replace the clutch too

:werd:
Would rather take an ass whipping than pull a trans. :jester: