PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Factory O2's with WB O2's

vristang
08-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I am looking at getting the Basic LC-1 wb O2 to run through the EGR.
(only one wideband, which would run along side the 2 stockers)

Is there any advantage to replacing the stock O2's with widebands, using the narrowband simulation?

Is there better resolution with the wideband when it is simulating a narrowband?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I haven't really found anything that covered this aspect of a wb O2 sensor.

Thanks,
jason

QWKSNKE
08-31-2006, 05:59 AM
I don't think so. Not to mention the w/b's are a lot more expensive

coupe
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
It would be ideal, but I don't know if the A9L and Tweecer can deal with it. The voltage range is going to give totally different readings.

gt90stang
09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
vristang,

I have the LM-1 and originally tried using the WBO2 instead of the stock O2 in the stock location. It worked but unfortunately the stock location was too hot for the WBO2 (at least w/o a heatsink) and after a few minutes of running down the road the WB02 went brain dead and the vehicle went into limp mode...major bummer! So I don't recommend it, but it can be done. You just run the WBO2 signal through the EGR or DataQ and the second channel to the stock O2 connector to the PCM.

Don

93Cobra#2771
09-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Will you get an advantage doing it? No, not really. EEC only cares about narrowband resolution. Some of the wideband controllers emulate narrowband resolution. The only true advantage to doing that is it keeps you from drilling/tapping a new O2 sensor location in your pipe.

The EEC can't take advantage of the wideband signal, it doesn't have the programming capability to do so. However, if you have a computer than can take advantage of the widebands (such as the AEM system) then you can use the wideband input to actually LEARN WOT fuel and part throttle fuel...

vristang
09-08-2006, 10:52 PM
The EEC can't take advantage of the wideband signal,

That is what I fugured.
I guess I have to decide how to use the wb, and where to mount it.

Thanks for all the responses!

jason