PDA

View Full Version : gt40 head ?

natedawgg94
09-03-2006, 06:20 PM
okay i've seen some info on here b4 but can't seem to find it now for some reason. k what i'm looking for is what is needed to put 351 gt40 heads on a 302 and also how big can you port these gakset wise? thanks for the info or if someone can direct me to the thread i've seen on here bout this b4 would be great..... thanks in advance.

Craig K.
09-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I think that the 351 uses a larger head bolt size, other that that I don't think there is anything different

QWKSNKE
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
yep. You will need to buy some ARP headbolts that have are 7/16 diameter thread with a 1/2 shoulder beneath the head of the bolt.

You should be able to port them to a Felpro 1250 gasket size but I don't think it will be worth the effort and time. It takes a massive amount of time to port cast iron heads

Italian LX
09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
yep. You will need to buy some ARP headbolts that have are 7/16 diameter thread with a 1/2 shoulder beneath the head of the bolt.
It's actually a neck-down adapter washer that is placed under the 7/16" head bolt.

I did this a couple years ago myself. I was going to buy the ARP adapter washers, however, the only way to get them was to buy them in a kit with their head bolts -- since I already had the ARP head bolts, I decided to save a little money and try a different manufacturer for the washers. The guy I was buying my stuff through at the time could only find them sold seperately by edlebrock.... so I bought them.

Well, they seemed to work fine, until I pulled the head only 6,000 miles later. As I tried to removed the washer out of the heads, I found that many of the washers were broke in half. :eek:

I'm not sure if the ARP washers would've performed any better, but I would definitely recommend trying the ARP ones and taking my chances.

natedawgg94
09-04-2006, 12:41 AM
thanks guys for the help. i agree lee on the time ittakes to port the cast heads i'm gonna end up just gasket matching and putting them on.

natedawgg94
09-04-2006, 12:52 AM
anyone happen to know the part # off hand i just looked and couldn't tell the difference. thanks in advance.