PDA

View Full Version : Tinting

GTkitten
09-03-2006, 11:01 PM
And I have another all too asked question...where's the best place to get the car tinted? I don't care about the price, I just want a good job on the car...no bubbles, no dot matrix issues. Anybody really happy with their tint job? Or anyone really unhappy...please feel free to warn me away! Thanks!! Joy

Italian LX
09-03-2006, 11:17 PM
If you don't mind driving to Oxford/Anniston, then I would highly recommend Unlimited Audio. The main reason is that they have a tint plotter that cuts the tint using a computer. Therefore, the cut are all exact and not all "butchered up" like I have seen on many other cars.

I'm not sure about the expertise of their tint guy, but I'm sure David (Dskeet) will come in and vouch for him. David works up there and can answer any other question you may have about the place.

FWIW, that's where I plan on getting my Mustang re-tinted at.

slvrbullit
09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
If that is too far for you to drive then there is a Planet Audio on Hy 31 in Pelham. They do all our company trucks and did the tint on my sisters car. I was pleased with the results. I think they are pretty well priced along with all the others out there.

uvbnhad
09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Audio Creations in Hoover does about the best work I've ever seen. They are close to Golden Corral on Lorna Road. They've tinted all of my vehicles and have done a superb job.

joker
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
My wifes uncle works over at audio creations in Hoover, and he does a freaking awesome job at tinting. If we wouldnt have moved out of state he would be doing all of my vehicles. Not because he is family, but because he does a quality job, and unlike some of these cheap tint places they stand behind thier work.

On a side note, I think we have met before. Didnt you go out with Jonah at one time?

CrazyInBlack
09-14-2006, 08:32 AM
I would recommend Planet Audio and Audio Creations, i have seen planet audios work and I had a great experience with Audio Creations a long time ago

GoldnGT
09-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I'll be honest with ya, you will never find someone that will do a perfect job on that back glass. When you talk to them MAKE SURE they put a vinal strip accross the dotmatrix. It holds better than the tint to it. If you wanna take a look at mine I can meet ya and show you what i'm talking about. I can't remember who did it, we did a bunch of them at once and I cant remember who came out to do them.

Crzypny
09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
When you talk to them MAKE SURE they put a vinal strip accross the dotmatrix. It holds better than the tint to it.

I'll recommend the vinyl strip also. Had it on my '01. Looked great, couldn't see the dots at all.

97cobrasvt
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Audio Creations in Hoover does about the best work I've ever seen. They are close to Golden Corral on Lorna Road. They've tinted all of my vehicles and have done a superb job.

does anyone know the number to Audio Creations. I looked in the phonebook but cant find it thanks

Crzypny
09-22-2006, 12:41 PM
does anyone know the number to Audio Creations. I looked in the phonebook but cant find it thanks

Audio Creations is also known as Tint 'Em. That's how they are listed in the phone book - 822-0145.

97cobrasvt
09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Audio Creations is also known as Tint 'Em. That's how they are listed in the phone book - 822-0145.

thanks