PDA

View Full Version : 4 lug rear disc swap

blackvert
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
curious how many of you are running the thunderbird turbocoupe rear discs in your fox bodies...what was needed to complete this swap. I have an 87 TC rear with a good posi and 3:73 gears.....:banana:

coupe
09-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Man, that setup is a bolt-in affair, except you must drill quad-shock mounting holes a little lower in the bracket on the turbocoupe rearend. The quads are a bit longer on the fox and if you attach them to the TC mounting location, the rearend of the car sits way up in the air...geometry's off.

I think the brake line even just threads-in and you're connected. But you may need an adjustable brake-proportioning valve to fine-tune the bias from front to rear.

QWKSNKE
09-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Man, that setup is a bolt-in affair, except you must drill quad-shock mounting holes a little lower in the bracket on the turbocoupe rearend. The quads are a bit longer on the fox and if you attach them to the TC mounting location, the rearend of the car sits way up in the air...geometry's off.

I think the brake line even just threads-in and you're connected. But you may need an adjustable brake-proportioning valve to fine-tune the bias from front to rear.

+1. Buy some aftermarket upper/lower control arms and don't install the quad shocks

86GT
09-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I am currently running the T-Bird setup on mine. I wanted to keep the factory axel length so I bought the brackets from NorthCobras and then bolted everything else up.

I did have to redrill the shock mounts over a tad. I have an atricle that I wrote on the process.

http://webpages.charter.net/eecanalyzer/Doc/BrakeUpgrade.pdf