PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump relay no voltage

Catang5oh
09-08-2006, 12:48 PM
hey, maybe someone can give me some ideas. i have no voltage to the fuel pump relay, none at the inertia sensor, or the ics, i ran all of them down on the schematic and they are all in the same circuit. i also noticed that the EEC has a fuel pump relay output, i have tested the inertia sensor and fuel relay, both test good. i direct wired relay and car runs fine.

thanks for any ideas

p.s. on my 88 i had a problem with the ignition switch, and it would sporatically not supply voltag to the pump, which wire from the ignition switch supplies voltage to the pump, my schematic does not show one.

Brian-Mc
09-08-2006, 01:17 PM
What year car is this on?

SkurdalenFox
09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
hey, maybe someone can give me some ideas. i have no voltage to the fuel pump relay,

No voltage from the Hot All Times supply, or no voltage from EEC switch?

on a 90-93 the HAT supply is the Pk/Bk wire, and the EEC switch is the red wire.

I dunno what schematics you're using, or even what year car ya got, but these might help

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/skurdalen/EEC-93-1.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/skurdalen/EEC-93-2.jpg

QWKSNKE
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I am thinking its a 90 model

Catang5oh
09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
its a 1990 model. thanks for the info, i will check those today. i take it the pcm power module is part of the pcm(eec).

Catang5oh
09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
i think i found it, the relay next to the ecm was severely corroded on the plug side, so i broke it open and the contacts are completely gone on the relay, i think this is the pcm relay as in the schematic, same wires, red 12v going in was good, nothing on any of the outputs.

thanks for the help, maybe im back in the game now.

Catang5oh
09-12-2006, 12:59 AM
the pcm relay was it, now all i have to do is fix all of the wires that the previous idiot/ owner stripped back and the huge fuel pump access hole in the rear pan that they added.

QWKSNKE
09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Glad to see you are making progress with it.

You should add it to the project room and keep us updated as you go along