PDA

View Full Version : Serious Noise from Front End

Scothew
01-31-2005, 09:26 AM
My car as of the last week or so has developed a noise coming from the front end mainly on steering. Its a creek or pop that I can hear multiple times in either direction when I turn the steering wheel. Also i hear it when the suspension is compressed or depressed.

I was thinking possibly ball joint?

Also I am considering that since i have a bad spindle, I may as well go ahead and use my income tax return to "overhaul" my front suspension. I was am going to price street k-members and coil over kits. I would really like to replace all my struts with something better so I would be doing that at the same time. Do the tubular a-arms that come with k-members have new spindles on them?

Thanks

95GTMan
01-31-2005, 09:31 AM
My car as of the last week or so has developed a noise coming from the front end mainly on steering. Its a creek or pop that I can hear multiple times in either direction when I turn the steering wheel. Also i hear it when the suspension is compressed or depressed.

I was thinking possibly ball joint?

Also I am considering that since i have a bad spindle, I may as well go ahead and use my income tax return to "overhaul" my front suspension. I was am going to price street k-members and coil over kits. I would really like to replace all my struts with something better so I would be doing that at the same time. Do the tubular a-arms that come with k-members have new spindles on them?

Thanks

How is you spindle messed up? I think you noise is just the balljoints.

Scothew
01-31-2005, 09:36 AM
The car was wrecked before I bought it. When I had paul and jason install CC plates and offset rack bushings, when they took it to be aligned, the guy could not get the drivers side in. It was out 2°. And they determined the spindle is bent in some way.

Craig K.
01-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Scott,
I have never seen a kit advertised with spindles. Best bet is to find a used one, and get a new hub/bearing on it.

Your more than welcome to do the job at my house if you want. We can PM and discuss details.

Sendero
01-31-2005, 10:35 AM
My vote is tie-rods. Thats what was making the noise when I turned the steering wheel from lock-to-lock.

96GTS
01-31-2005, 02:12 PM
My vote is tie-rods. Thats what was making the noise when I turned the steering wheel from lock-to-lock.
I had that as well. Tubular A-arms come with new ball joints, but not spindles.