PDA

View Full Version : 96 cobra and tweecer rt

broken_joke
10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
i have the tweecer rt from a previous car (95 gt) and want to use it for the cobra. i noticed the sticky about inlet air temps/engine coolant temps. is the tuning similar for these cars? i ran through the base tune just to see and some of the functions/scalars/tables are similar. what would be some good first suggested tuning areas?
thanks
jake

Sendero
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
What processor/strategy is your Cobra? My LLX3/CDAN4 went from 273rwhp to 285rwhp by just swapping in the AOL3 fuel and spark maps. Playing with my stock MAF transfer I squeezed out four more RWHP before I stopped tuning on the Cobra.

broken_joke
10-06-2006, 07:19 AM
i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf. also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake

Sendero
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf.

Be careful with the C&L. I had the full kit (MAF, Tru-Flow Pipe, etc) and I had an issue with decel-stalling. When I was coming to a stop and let the throttle close all the way, the car would stall. It didn't do it with the stock MAF, but did it frequently with the C&L. Swapped back and forth a couple of times and it always stopped with C&L. I've found that the flow rating on the Ford MAF is greater than a N/A Cobra motor could ingest anyway, so I bought a Wideband and played with leaning out the fuel maps.

also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake

No, I just set all my Adaptive cells to 10 and let the car learn real-time.

broken_joke
10-06-2006, 05:29 PM
i got the c&l kit for 100 bucks (meter,housing,filter,inlet pipe).so i figured i'd give it a whirl. i haven't installed the tweecer yet, i'll probably do it this weekend. but i will look out for the stalling at decel.
thanks
jake

broken_joke
10-06-2006, 11:11 PM
i installed the tweecer and used a aol3/crajo file i got off yahoo group for comparison. i used the spark files and that was it pretty much. man, this thing hauls now! it is a night and day comparison from the xcal2 tune! also no stalling either so far.

broken_joke
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?
also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake

Sendero
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?

FWIW, I never got my C&L right. Even with the published transfer information. You may be on your own there, but keep in mind that the C&L's were setup to use the stock MAF transfer and "trick" the ECU into leaning out the motor.

also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake

When you get boost. 24lbs (which are stock) are plenty for the N/A motor.

broken_joke
10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
every time i try to change the maf values the curve comes out like someones scribbled lines everywhere? do i need to convert the flow sheet from the xx.xxxe-5 numbers to something else? or is ther something in the scalars to allow me to manipulate the curve? i am using 1.30a version.
thanks
jake

Cougar5.0
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
C&L is like any other MAF - measures airflow. Not sure what all this C&L talk is about as many hundreds of people run them just fine. Mine car runs like a stock car even though it has a cam, 80mm C&L, 85mm TB (big TB's are a nightmare to tune) & a supercharger with H2O injection. I would never go and blame my lack of tuning skills on the air meter.

Sendero
10-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I would never go and blame my lack of tuning skills on the air meter.

Well, I don't have the "make it work because others use it" mentality. Just because "everybody else" uses it doesn't make it right for mine or broken_joke's application. Both of our applications come with an appropriately sized meter directly from Ford; unless you change displacement, injectors, or add boost. Since he has done none of those why are you advocating more work and potential issues for a negligible gain? Should he go out and by a Tornado Air Management System (http://www.tornadoair.com/) since "hundreds of other people" run it and their evident superior tuning skills allows them to get better gas mileage. :rolleyes:

Next time you decide to make a hack at someone, why don't you try adding some tech to your post instead of making the product sound like a "one size fits all for any application".

Cougar5.0
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Dude, you were the one hacking away at the C&L meter with little substance to your arguments. Don't blame me if I have a different view of the meter. If you don't need a larger meter, then don't bother with it - but don't blame the C&L for issues that many of us do not have or if we did have, found that it was not the meter but something else. I'll leave the Tornado crap to the ricers - nice straw man argument though.

Sendero
10-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Dude, you were the one hacking away at the C&L meter with little substance to your arguments.

Really? Four back to back tests over two months with 1500+ miles datalogged and two trips to the dyno using different MAF Transfers and tuning parameters with help from numerous other tuners isn't substance. Damn! Excuse me if I don't regurgetate the entire tuning history of my vehicle in every post.

Don't blame me if I have a different view of the meter.

Nobody did. You blamed me for my lack a ability to make it work even though it was the wrong choice for my application. Then injected that "hundreds of others" have no problems so it must be my issue and called Straw Man on my rebuttal. You beat me to the Straw Man I believe. I'm still trying to find where I bad mouthed C&L, really I am.

If you don't need a larger meter, then don't bother with it - but don't blame the C&L for issues that many of us do not have or if we did have, found that it was not the meter but something else.

Burden of Proof is on you then. Scothew experienced the same problems with the same meter; so has other 96-98 Cobra owners on Corral, SVTPerformance, and Stangnet. Keep in mind I'm only talking about EEC-V LLX3-4/AOL3 applications not EEC-IV A9x applications, which is what my recommendations above were gear towards. I could agree with your statements if I said "all C&L's have decel stalling issues", but that's not what I said is it?

But that's whats good about the internet, everybody has an opinion.