PDA

View Full Version : New Connectors?

joker
10-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Anyone know where I might could find new connectors for the headlight and hazard switch? The ones in my dash harness wires come out of the connectors when trying to remove them, without putting any pressure on the wires.

If not, any recomendations to keep them from popping out so easy?

Hotrod
10-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I think you can get a headlight switch pigtail from 5.0 resto. IM not sure about the other one.

86GT
10-07-2006, 01:48 AM
try fordfuelinjection.com

gt90stang
10-19-2006, 01:45 PM
joker,

Those retaining clips are wimps especially after 20+ years. I put a tie wrap real close to the connector body, seems to keep the wires in there. Map out all the wire colors before messing with them...it is a bear to figure this out from the books, it took me 1/2day on mine.

Good Luck, Don

joker
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
joker,

Those retaining clips are wimps especially after 20+ years. I put a tie wrap real close to the connector body, seems to keep the wires in there. Map out all the wire colors before messing with them...it is a bear to figure this out from the books, it took me 1/2day on mine.

Good Luck, DonThanks for the info. I did find some at 50 resto. However, I sold the car so it isnt my problem any more :jester:

coupe
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I did find some at 50 resto. However, I sold the car so it isnt my problem any more :jester:

You didn't offer an "extended warranty?" :D

Damn electrical issues with these cars. They never end.

Can this be closed then?

joker
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
You didn't offer an "extended warranty?" :D

Damn electrical issues with these cars. They never end.

Can this be closed then?Yea, I offered a signed warranty on it. As soon as he signed the bill of sale the warranty ended :jester:

Yea, you can close it if you want.

QWKSNKE
10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
There is no need to close the thread