PDA

View Full Version : rear seat delet kits..

QWKSNKE
10-08-2006, 08:39 AM
This site has been around for awhile but I had forgotten about it.

This is a nice and clean rear seat delete kit.

http://www.mustangrearseatdelete.com/

mustangmuscle
10-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Been looking for a nice kit, that wont break the bank. Been hearing alot about kits that dont fit right, ie, gaps and overhang that shouldnt be there. Seems most use 1/4"-3/4" MDF. Isnt that stuff kinda heavy, which would defeat the weight savings of a RSD?

Also, theres a billet aluminum one. Very pricey, though....
http://www.swautosport.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=37

kdezines
10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey guys, I saw the post about the kits that I make. The kits are offered in 2 differnet thicknesses. There is the 1/2inch kit which weighs about as the rear seat and hardware (50lbs). If weight is a concern, the kit is offered in 1/4inch and weighs about 30lbs. If that is still too heavy then I offer the front half only in both thicknesses and the 1/4inch weighs about 20lbs. With the front half only kit, you still need to use your existing hatch carpet. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Keith

Shorty
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
i will be ordering a two sub kit just as soon as i get a few things behind and actually get time to install anything. those look very nice. i have been wanting to do that but didnt really have enough faith in my craftmanship. :D

rtusnake
10-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Been looking for a nice kit, that wont break the bank. Been hearing alot about kits that dont fit right, ie, gaps and overhang that shouldnt be there. Seems most use 1/4"-3/4" MDF. Isnt that stuff kinda heavy, which would defeat the weight savings of a RSD?

Also, theres a billet aluminum one. Very pricey, though....
http://www.swautosport.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=37

You going to sell your rear seats when you do it?

TheJeanyus
10-09-2006, 09:59 PM
What's the point of a RSD that weighs just as much as the rear seat and hardware? :think:

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 06:35 AM
You going to sell your rear seats when you do it?

I havent even thought that far ahead.....??

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 06:39 AM
What's the point of a RSD that weighs just as much as the rear seat and hardware? :think:

Brilliant minds think alike!!!:banana:

WERD!:metal:
My reason for doing this mod is to shed some poundage off this heavy pig! (the car, not me..I aint goin on a diet...LOL)

Not mounting any subs, amps, NO2 bottles,etc.
Just want a nice, clean kit to get the seat outta there to save some weight.

CrimsonRacing
10-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm..............1/4 inch kit.......

Wonders if it will support 2 DR's and a jack whilst traveling.........

:metal:

uvbnhad
10-10-2006, 07:34 AM

I thought about doing it just so that I can get my trunk space back. Right now I have an amp and a 12" sub w/ box in the rear and as you can imagine no space left at all. I was planning on moving the amp and sub to where there rear seat is now and then doing a battery relocation to the trunk. Not to mention it will open the space back up for another bottle.

kdezines
10-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Some people including myself feel the rear seat in a Mustang is useless for people due to its small size and the seat looks ugly up and interfers with front seat when folded down and is still ugly. The hatch carpet and the piece of cardboard in the spare tire area is also nasty looking. I designed this kit for looks and functionality. The compartment where the seat used to be is big enough to put an optima style battery in there and it will covered. I am currently making a kit for a customer that comes with a special made nitrous bottle mount that allows the bottle to be installed under the kit. The nose of the bottle will stick out passed the front of the kit and the rest will be under the kit. The only time you would see the bottle is when the passenger seat is folded foward. If weight is a concern, use the 1/4 inch kit. It is about 30 to 35 lbs. The jack would have to go towards the rear by the spare or in the compartment. It should be able to hold the weight of the tires.

One thing to keep in mind. Where do you want the weight to be in your Mustang? Over the axle.

Thanks Keith

1sicklx
10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Just thought I'd throw out another option.

http://rearseatdelete.com/mustang.html

1sicklx
10-10-2006, 12:11 PM
another ...

http://www.stangmods.com/rear_seat_delete_s/17.htm

kdezines
10-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Stang mods sells my kits for the fox and 2005 models.

1sicklx
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Stang mods sells my kits for the fox and 2005 models.

Good to know.

Shorty
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM

i just hate the way the back seat looks. not to mention the nasty sub box that (to me) looks like ass sitting back there. i was planning to do a custom enclosure and this seems to be a satisfactory alternative. it just makes the lines look cleaner to me.

Italian LX
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
It's no different than someone putting a larger set of wheels that are as heavy (if not heavier) than stock.

Not every mod has to be performance oriented -- some things are done merely for looks.

Italian LX
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I had thought about doing one when I put my cage in (since the rear seat will pretty much be useless anyway).

The coupe one looks really clean. :pimp:

Keith, does that coupe kit replace the stock hat-rack and go all the way to the rear glass?

http://www.mustangrearseatdelete.com/images/products/16/lg_DSCF0728.JPG

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 10:45 PM
It's no different than someone putting a larger set of wheels that are as heavy (if not heavier) than stock.

Not every mod has to be performance oriented -- some things are done merely for looks.
Just like wheels, this is a little subjective I guess. If there is no weight reduction benefit, I think having a seat back there looks better than a flat board.

kdezines
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
In response to Italian LX, the coupe kit does not include a new package tray cover, however, I can make you something for that area if needed. I do plan on offering one sometime, I just dont now when. A special order can be made to speed up the process. Thanks Keith

Nice coupe by the way.

uvbnhad
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
What's the plan for 99-04 Mustangs? I've got an 04 you could use as a test subject :D

asilver2001gt
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
i plan on getting one for my car later...first got to get the car back

kdezines
10-11-2006, 03:00 PM
the 94 - 04 kit will be simular with the excess door at the bottom. Bottom half carpet and the top half offered in carpet or vinyl. It will be different then the kits already on the market. I am not going to say how, but it will be different. Also be offered in both thicknesses of wood, same as the other kits I offer.

kdezines
12-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Like the looks but concerned about the weight of the K Dezines Rear Seat Delete kits. Here is your answer. Same look, but with no access doors and only weighs 14lbs! For fox hatch and 87-93 coupes.

http://customrearseatdelete.com/catalog_details.php?ID=40

Link is not working so heres the address. Thanks Keith

mrmustangconvert
01-04-2007, 07:56 PM
i can make one of those, triggz had one in his car and it worked and it looked great, just get some trunk carpet from the parts store and get some smooth thin plywood from lows. and triggz cut out a pony on the back board and he put his NX bottle behind it and i believe that he put an led or a neon light back there too. and its a whole lot cheaper to make one your self.

kdezines
04-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone from the forum who owns a 94-04 Mustang will be entering the car show at WFC in Indy this year? I would like to debut the 94-04 rear seat delete kit at the show. A discounted price will be offered to anyone who will be in the car show. Call me if interested. Thanks Keith 520-850-4550