PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy springs and c/c plates?

TheJeanyus
10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm looking for H&R race springs ('03 Cobra coupe) and MM caster/camber plates. Any ideas where to find a good deal on either of these?

rtusnake
10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Not sure if you want used but I bought some parts off this guy and he was great to deal with. I believe they stopped making the race version of the springs but I'm not positive

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322404

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't mind used stuff as long as it hasn't been abused.

MM still shows the race springs for sale. :shrug:

asilver2001gt
10-10-2006, 07:02 AM
stangsuspension.com

Sendero
10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm looking for H&R race springs ('03 Cobra coupe) and MM caster/camber plates. Any ideas where to find a good deal on either of these?

Uhhh... http://www.maximummotorsports.com ?

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Not sure if you want used but I bought some parts off this guy and he was great to deal with. I believe they stopped making the race version of the springs but I'm not positive

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322404
I got the C/C plates for $75 from this guy. :metal:

Thanks! :chug:

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Uhhh... http://www.maximummotorsports.com ?
I've found the springs for as much as $30 cheaper from other places w/ free shipping.

rtusnake
10-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Good deal, he was selling stuff cheap, I got a quadrant and firewall adjuster for 15 shipped

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Joseph,
Check out kcast over at timmay's place. He bought my H&R's and has since sold his car. Now, he obviously wants to sell the springs......never even put them on his car. Thought u might wanna check out the 4-sale post at mph, or give kevin a holler.....

Chris

rtusnake
10-10-2006, 04:31 PM
He done sold them

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Joseph,
Check out kcast over at timmay's place. He bought my H&R's and has since sold his car. Now, he obviously wants to sell the springs......never even put them on his car. Thought u might wanna check out the 4-sale post at mph, or give kevin a holler.....

Chris
Thanks for the heads up :nice:

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 04:41 PM
He done sold them

sorry, didnt know.....tnx for the info!

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up :nice:

You could always get the lukem80 special edition springs...???:metal:

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
He done sold them
:banghead:

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 04:50 PM
You could always get the lukem80 special edition springs...???:metal:
I've considered going that route, but I'm not too sure. I think 1/2 coil in the front and 3/4 in the rear would be about where I want it, but at the same time I'd kinda like some heavier springs to tighten up the handling a little bit.

rtusnake
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I got the eibach prokit and it lowered it good in the front, the rear still looks stock though.The H&R springs will slam it

mustangmuscle
10-10-2006, 06:02 PM
I've considered going that route, but I'm not too sure. I think 1/2 coil in the front and 3/4 in the rear would be about where I want it, but at the same time I'd kinda like some heavier springs to tighten up the handling a little bit.

Hey,
if ur comin to track day, ur more than welcome to drive mine.....see what u think.
also, Luke's done lotsa springs on Cobras and can tell you just about how much drop u'll get with the amount of spring removed.

the H&R's ARE nice, though.
hard to say if they're worth the money, imho....

rtusnake
10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I rode in lukes car and it rides just as good as it did stock to me. Thought about pulling mine out and selling them and cutting the stock ones

TheJeanyus
10-10-2006, 10:44 PM
I would imagine the ride quality should be the same as stock, but it should handle better with the H&R race springs (though it should ride a little more firm).

mustangmuscle
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I rode in lukes car and it rides just as good as it did stock to me. Thought about pulling mine out and selling them and cutting the stock ones

Thats exactly what I did. Didnt get the drop I was looking for with the Race springs & MM iso's. And, didnt want to put the stock iso's back in there. After just a few thousand miles, they looked like crud. So, got ole Lukey-boy to work his magic, and wallah! Have to say I couldnt be happier with how the car turned out. Stock ride quality and the exact drop I wanted!:banana:

mustangmuscle
10-11-2006, 11:57 AM
I would imagine the ride quality should be the same as stock, but it should handle better with the H&R race springs (though it should ride a little more firm).

You are correct, sir!

Ride quality was better with the H&R's. Handling was tighter with no ill-effects on ride quality.

But, if its lowering you're after, dont use the MM iso's with the Race springs.

TheJeanyus
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
But, if its lowering you're after, dont use the MM iso's with the Race springs.

Don't worry. I'll probably be going with stock isolators in the rear and no isolators in the front based on what I've read on SVTP.

mustangmuscle
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Don't worry. I'll probably be going with stock isolators in the rear and no isolators in the front based on what I've read on SVTP.

Just dont want you to make the same EXPENSIVE mistake that I made...UGH!

Crzypny
10-12-2006, 09:40 AM

Just curious about your saying you might go without isolators ...

I'm going to be putting the Ford Racing "B"s on mine and I know the isolators are worn out so I was planning on buying new ones. What influenced your decision to go without? I guess what I'm trying to ask is should I spend the money on buying new ones?

TheJeanyus
10-12-2006, 01:38 PM
The only negative effect I've heard of from not running isolators is that it will make noise when going over bumps. Most people say they don't notice any difference at all. IIRC, removing the isolators drops about 1/4".

I posted a thread on SVTP trying to get people to post pictures of their cars with H&R's with and without isolators. Here's a link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4171094

I'm leaning toward no isolators at all now...

TheJeanyus
10-12-2006, 01:41 PM
This pic is what has me thinking no isolators ithe way to go:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/TrouserCobrer/Girth-58.jpg

rtusnake
10-12-2006, 04:01 PM
There is a guy on svtp named moscanic or something like that and thats what he runs, he has a pic in his sig. I don't run any in the rear and don't hear anything from them.

Crzypny
10-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I know on my '89 the isolators were worn to the point that they were almost not there and when you would go over a speed bump the back would really make noise, but then again that could have been due to worn out shocks. :D

Guess I could try it without them and if I don't like what I hear I can buy them. :shrug:

TheJeanyus
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
:yup:

I don't recommend the MM urethane isolators, though. They'll actually make the car sit higher (about 1/4 - 1/2") than the stock isolators.

Crzypny
10-12-2006, 07:13 PM
:yup:

I don't recommend the MM urethane isolators, though. They'll actually make the car sit higher (about 1/4 - 1/2") than the stock isolators.

Really, thanks for that info because I was considering the urethane.

TheJeanyus
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah everyone on SVTP who's bought a set of those and installed them was kinda ticked that it raised the ride height up. They say with H&R race springs and the MM isolators you almost can't even tell a difference from stock. :nono:

QWKSNKE
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Really, thanks for that info because I was considering the urethane.

I don't really recommend running anything urethene on a car that is a daily driver except for maybe rear control arm bushings. Urethene bushings are very noisy and annoying on items such as motor mounts, tranny mounts, etc

coupe
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Jeanyus, fwiw...I can get Steeda stuff at a great price. I've done a few sets of their CC plates on fox cars. Aluminum and Steel.

TheJeanyus
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I got a set of MM CC plates for $75. They should be here in a couple days. Thanks though. :nice:

They don't sell H&R springs, do they?

TheJeanyus
10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, the parts are coming together. The Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates came in today, and I just ordered H&R Race springs, 2 low profile IRS subframe bolts, and 2 14mm nuts (I'm going to replace my front IRS subframe bolts with the rear bolts, then put the low profile bolts in the rear).

Now I just need a place to work on it so I can put the BF IRS brace (had it for 10 months now...) on along with all of these parts. :D

Craig K.
10-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Your more than welcome to come work in my garage if you need a place, just let me know when.

Also I don't run iso's on the front of the '95, if you want to take it for a ride you can.
The only noise I get is over bumps at low speeds, or while braking very hard (ie: panic stop)