PDA

View Full Version : This is the chit!

ERStettin
10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
http://www.mass-floefi.com/reviews.html

I am seriously considering swapping over to this EFI setup this winter. If it provides the driveability and horsepower that I currently have or better,then it is a done deal. I am thinking of something like this setup with a Stormin Normin Cervini hood and ram air setup so I don't have to keep pulling my headlight for the cold air power at the track.

Anyone know anyone running something like this or any real world information about it other than what is provided in this link?

QWKSNKE
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Interesting.

While I did grow up in the carb era, I prefer the standard EFI look over any carb look

Italian LX
10-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Pretty neat idea to get the "look" of a carburated motor, but, like you, I'm really interested to see some real-world feedback bfore praising the system.

I really don't see how that MAF system can consistantly meter air coming into the TB. It just seems like the airflow could be very turbulant around the wires the way it just sits under the filter with no stretch of tubing before it.

Also, I'm thinking you would give up a lot of low-end torque with that set-up; however, you could surely turn the RPM's up a little higher. Great for a racing aplication -- not good for a street rod.

Italian LX
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
. . . I prefer the standard EFI look over any carb look
:agree:

However, I can see where the Cobra kit car scene would praise this technology.

coupe
10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I like it Ed. There's a Holley EFI system like that, right? But it comes with a Commander EFI, stand alone.
This one uses stock CPU and a MAF with translator. Interesting indeed. :think:

ERStettin
10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I am waiting for some real world feedback on it before I make the plunge and buy one.

I am looking for the hood clearance and less clutter that this will give me. I am thinking I would be able to mock up a nice cold air intake with the Stormin Norman Cervini hood I would run with it as well. Right now, I remove the passenger side headlight assembly for that ram air effect at the track. I would be able to forgo doing that with this setup as well.

It would be cool to hear it actually works well. I have this same question going on Hardcore50 and some other sites too. No one with any real world experience yet though. Hopefully soon. We will see.

Matt, I replied to your PM.

93Cobra#2771
10-25-2006, 06:52 AM
I don't think MAF turbulance would be an issue - the GM MAF's are well known for their more accurate meters, and they aren't as succeptable to turbulance as the Ford meters.

What I would be concerned about is the converter box for the MAF signal. You will have a time delay in that conversion, which will run everything slower as far as the EEC getting the signal.

I realize that I'm prob. only talking milliseconds, but still.

Interesting concept though, and gives the carb look to older cars that prefer that look.

ERStettin
10-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Yes Richard I was thinking of that as well. After talking to Ed Curtis and some others, I have decided this is not the route for me at this time. I LOVE the idea though.

slvrbullit
10-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Edelbrock also makes a EFI set up like that I believe but I dont know if it has a stand alone or piggy back on to a stock computer.

Here is the link to their product. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/pro-flo_ford.shtml

ERStettin
10-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I talked to their sale rep at their display at the NHRA race at Brainerd and he said it will only support 450 hp or something like that. It seemed really low so I let it be.