PDA

View Full Version : spindles

97cobrasvt
10-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey i know I have done asked alot of ???? about this but I found some spindles off a 97 GT pretty cheap what I am wanting to know is will they bolt right up or will I have to modify them they look a little different I didnt see where the ball joints go to the back of the spindle is there a braket that goes there that it could be missing. Or should I go back with the factory spindle and buy the 5 lug conversion rotor. Thanks for ya's help

rtusnake
10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I used 95 spindles on my 93. You need a newer ball joint or .330 of spacers so the nut will bolt down on the old ball joint. Believe you need the newer brakes and rotors as well. I used v6 brakes and they are alot better than my old 4 banger ones. A ranger rotor would be a cheaper route though

Sendero
10-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Any 96+ (V8 or V6) spindle will push you track width in the front a little wider than stock. If you really wanted to do a five-lug conversion and retain the same track width you'll need to find a set of 94-95 (V8 or V6) spindles. On either set, 94-95 or 96+, everything bolts right up except for the ball joints. You can use the original fox ball joint as long as you fab some sort of spacer to take up slack on the castle nut.

I did a complete 5-lug swap on my 89GT which includes: spindles, 99 GT PBR dual-piston calipers, Ranger/Aerostar axles, and all supporting hardware for $300. It can be done on a budget.

SkurdalenFox
10-31-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm assuming this is on a Fox.

In addition to the increase in track width with the 96+ spindles, you'll also add a lot of bumpsteer if you use other Fox suspension parts.

There are a couple threads in here in which the issue was sorted out.
http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=5864

97cobrasvt
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
well finaly got me some spindles off a 95 mustang so I'm going to be trying to install them so this weeked I can get it to a dyno also bought me some et streets DR's 26 today I have a set of 28 drag radials but they rub because I did not have enough back spacing and the car is lowered:banana: :metal:

hevymtl
11-09-2006, 06:06 PM
well finaly got me some spindles off a 95 mustang so I'm going to be trying to install them so this weeked I can get it to a dyno also bought me some et streets DR's 26 today I have a set of 28 drag radials but they rub because I did not have enough back spacing and the car is lowered:banana: :metal:

:eric:

wickmaster
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Any 96+ (V8 or V6) spindle will push you track width in the front a little wider than stock. If you really wanted to do a five-lug conversion and retain the same track width you'll need to find a set of 94-95 (V8 or V6) spindles. On either set, 94-95 or 96+, everything bolts right up except for the ball joints. You can use the original fox ball joint as long as you fab some sort of spacer to take up slack on the castle nut.

I did a complete 5-lug swap on my 89GT which includes: spindles, 99 GT PBR dual-piston calipers, Ranger/Aerostar axles, and all supporting hardware for $300. It can be done on a budget.

HAHA You call that cheap? I did mine, brand new cross drilled rotors, got all four only need 2, brand new PBR's, brand new lines and pads. My buddy had a wrecked '94 V6 car so I took the spindles. Did the whole swap for $120.00!!!!!!!!!! AHHA the guy selling the rotors and calipers just totaled the car he had them for so he wanted them gone. Got 'em for $75.00 The spindles were $25.00 for both sides complete right down to the shock. The brake fluid and mag wheel washers were the other $20.00 Washere for the lower ball joint. That was the best upgrade I have ever done.

Sendero
12-17-2006, 07:45 PM
For Lee to compare spindles:

QWKSNKE
12-18-2006, 07:07 AM
For Lee to compare spindles:

:hmm: