PDA

View Full Version : Beeping sound behind dash???

coupe
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Okay, it's annoying me finally...

It would do this occasionally before, but not always. Since having the dash out and re-installing, it does it every time you turn ignition "on."

There is a Beep.....Beep.....Beep.....Beep.....Beep. 5 beeps.
then it beeps again 5 times exactly the same way.

After a pause, it does this again and repeats it for about 4 times. It's like some sort of "55" code, but I've never heard a beeping trouble code from behind the dash. It's fairly loud too. Not like the door-ajar ring either...it's a piezo-style beep. Annoying.

I traced it down to a light blue plastic box (about 5x4x1") with a harness plugged into it right behind the AC controls, just above the radio's harness. No text or label on the box.

Anyone know what the hell this is? It never used to do this up until about a month ago. An EEC code 55 has to do with voltage to the PCM...but not sure if I'm getting an EEC code. Battery and charging is wonderful. Car runs fine.

:shrug:

Sendero
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Picture? Can you unplug it and see if the radio/AC still work? What year car? What processor?

SkurdalenFox
11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
It's the Air Bag Diagnostic Module.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/skurdalen/EVTM-ABDM.jpg

coupe
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Awesome. Now I know exactly what is causing it.
When I installed my SSP cluster, I left out the "airbag" bulb since I get a 32 blink from it when connected (I think it's a missing clock-spring circuit in the column :shrug:)
Guess removing the bulb is not a good fix. :nono: The blinking bulb is much easier to deal with than the beeping.

Excellent find/info Skurdalenfox. :worship:

Italian LX
11-03-2006, 06:41 PM
It's the Air Bag Diagnostic Module.
Yep, I ran into the same thing when I pulled my airbag bulb. :nice:

93Cobra#2771
11-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Yep, pulling the bulb makes it get mad... :lol:

Go through the veryuseful site posted above, walks you through step by step on how to to replace the clockspring as well...

coupe
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Clockspring replacement? Or total disconnection of the airbag system monitor, sensors, etc...?
Guess I'll do the former just in case.