PDA

View Full Version : Car problems!

oo-gonzo
11-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey, I just got a 94 GT w 140K miles on it. The car looks great, but is running sorta rough. Heres what I can tell. I have an exhaust leak some where. I have a coolant leak somewhere, not on the radiator though. The car idols up and down. Not a tremendous amount, but you can tell that it purges up and down. I will sometimes die. There is a clicking noise coming from the intake.(tac,tac,tac,tac). It has a new clutch and a cold air intake. Other than that I believe the engine is all stock. No heat. Heater core apparently was removed and by-passed. Air filter is filthy and will be replaced tommorrow. That might clear something up. What do you think? What are somethings to do to this ride to get it running smooth again. I hate getting another car, because you never know what problems you just got into!LOL

coupe
11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
1)Oil change.
2)cap/rotor/plugs/wires.
3)Check/set ignition timing.
4)fuel filter.
5)check where that coolant is leaking & fix it.
6)Let one of the SN95 experts on here have a look/listen and a drive.
Could tell you a lot! :nice:

Craig K.
11-04-2006, 08:29 PM
In addition to what coupe has said.
Clean MAF sensor wire.
run some sea-foam though the intake (let me know if you need details on how to do this), also do this before the oil and plug change.
Does it still have converters on it?

natedawgg94
11-05-2006, 09:21 AM
hey man the coolant leak is prob. at the thermostat that's a normal spot and the xhuast leak is usually at the header gasket get some summitt bolts with the grooved edges. clean the maf sensor or check for unmeasured air getting pass the maf sensor. also wouldn't be a bad idea to change the oil and add some lucas oil treatment.

oo-gonzo
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks Guys! Who are the SN95 experts? Are any of them located in the gadsden area? What do think about having it hooked up to a diagnostic computer? BTW, Where is the ECU on this 95 GT?

oo-gonzo
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
You were right. Exhaust leak is at the header gasket. What is the fix for this? Coolant appears to be around the the thermostat. The gasket where it connects has allot of green cooked goo! Is this also a simple fix? Replacing a gasket or something? Thanks!

TheJeanyus
11-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Guys! Who are the SN95 experts? Are any of them located in the gadsden area? What do think about having it hooked up to a diagnostic computer? BTW, Where is the ECU on this 95 GT?
The ECU is behind the kick panel on the passenger's side.

natedawgg94
11-06-2006, 04:38 AM
You were right. Exhaust leak is at the header gasket. What is the fix for this? Coolant appears to be around the the thermostat. The gasket where it connects has allot of green cooked goo! Is this also a simple fix? Replacing a gasket or something? Thanks!

pretty simple fix order new fel-pro gaskets and summit bolts should fix you right up. part #'s SUMG1490A FOR THE BOLTS AND FPP-1415 FOR HEADER GASKET. on the thermostat housing it's just a pain to get it sealed right you can make sure the housing is not warped. a little sealant works to hold the thermostat in place while putting the housing on for a good lineup.

natedawgg94
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
personally i would suggest replacing the timing chain also could cure the ticing sound and would make a big difference in your power if it's worn.

oo-gonzo
11-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks!

natedawgg94
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
:chug: your welcome anytime