PDA

View Full Version : Where to put a line lock switch?

TheJeanyus
11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, after fighting my car in the burnout box at track day, I'm buying a line lock. I just can't decide where to put the switch. I'd like to avoid drilling holes into any trim pieces in visible locations. I'd like for the install to look as OEM as possible. Any ideas?

QWKSNKE
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
horn button like mine :D

1sicklx
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
what about the oval coin slot in the center console, I've seen switches mounted there for multi-bank chips and nitrous kits before.

TheJeanyus
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM
horn button like mine :D
:slap: I wish I could - I really like that setup.

what about the oval coin slot in the center console, I've seen switches mounted there for multi-bank chips and nitrous kits before.
I like that location, but then I'd have to figure out somewhere else to put my XM receiver. :banghead:

TheJeanyus
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM
EDIT - Trigger happy. :gatlin:

rtusnake
11-13-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm going to get one to. If you have your traction control turned off you could use that. What kit are you getting?

TheJeanyus
11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah my traction control was turned off when I got it tuned by RWTD.

I ordered a SLP kit from Lethal Performance. $144.14 with free shipping.

rtusnake
11-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I might get the slp, they said its a pain to install. Might go with hurst, not sure yet

TheJeanyus
11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I read on SVTP.com that the SLP was the easy one to install and the Hurst was the PITA. :shrug:

rtusnake
11-14-2006, 01:49 AM
The hurst is installed by the abs control box and the slp installs below the brake booster. When you going to install yours? I think I will make my decision on what you thought about it

TheJeanyus
11-14-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm not really sure. It'll be after Thanksgiving some time though.

EZ SPEED
11-14-2006, 03:35 AM
I have my line lock arming button underneath the steering column, very stealthy but easy to get to.
I will see if I can dig up a pic.

asilver2001gt
11-14-2006, 07:08 AM
i would suggest a convertible top switch or fog light switch from a 99-00 car and place it in the coin holder slot....thats what i did...convertible top is momentary so you have to hold it while doing the burnout whereas the fog light is an on/off

wickmaster
11-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Mines under the shifter boot. Cant see it, just feel it.:wiggle:

EZ SPEED
11-16-2006, 02:56 AM

Cool Idea :nice:

wickmaster
11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Cool Idea :nice:

Thanks.:banana:

TheJeanyus
11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Do you have any pictures of the install with the boot off?

mustangmuscle
11-17-2006, 04:41 PM

Cool idea!!:chug:

wickmaster
11-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Do you have any pictures of the install with the boot off?

I'll see if I can get one or two tomorrow. Going to the track for the (possible) last TNT of the year. I just got done doing a ton of stuff to the car. Trying to shavr some time off the 14.5 sec timeslip. I know for a fact that I did. Had some trouble fitting the BFG drag radials under the rear. I did the 5-lug swap with the '94 spindles. I used the 17" wheels. I cant tell what they are. I was told they were cobra wheels but not sure. I saw a set on ebay and they were listed as '98 GT wheels. Did the gears, underdrives, March Ram air, lowered with the motorsport springs, weld in frame connectors, re-built the trac-lok. 3G alternator. Electric fan. More but I cant remember right now. I should hit low 13's. We will see. I will try to git the pics up tomorrow for ya after I get back from the track.

rtusnake
11-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Post the wheel pics up to and we can figure out what they are

TheJeanyus
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Ok, I'm finally thinking about getting this line lock put in. :jester:

I'm going to go with a fog light switch like this one.

http://images.latemodelrestoration.com/LRS-15214.jpg

Anyone know a better place to get it than 50resto? They want like $50 for this friggin' thing. :nono:

ncontt
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I ASSume that's a factory switch? How bouta junkyard? :shrug:

coupe
03-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Some cheap (under $10) switches at auto-parts stores. Pretty good variety too.

Or you could go with the big NOPI-style "NAWS" switch. :shrug: :D

TheJeanyus
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I ASSume that's a factory switch? How bouta junkyard? :shrug:
That would work as long as I could find a nice one. My interior is in pretty good shape, and I'm kinda picky. :D

Some cheap (under $10) switches at auto-parts stores. Pretty good variety too.
:hmm: I doubt they have anything the right size and shape to fit the opening in my console, but if they did that would work. Matt is supposed to be checking on the Ford part for me tomorrow at work, so I might ask him if he can round anything up.

Or you could go with the big NOPI-style "NAWS" switch. :shrug: :D
I'll save that for when I hook up my NAWS. :yup: I think I'm gonna get two of the big ones! :jester:

rtusnake
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
My car had some kind of pot for an amp in my console so I bought a small flip switch from autozone and put mine there. Its smaller than a dime and looks pretty good imo. Have fun doing the line lock :jester: I went ahead and changed my brake fluid while I was at it.

TheJeanyus
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
My car had some kind of pot for an amp in my console so I bought a small flip switch from autozone and put mine there. Its smaller than a dime and looks pretty good imo. Have fun doing the line lock :jester: I went ahead and changed my brake fluid while I was at it.
I want to use the fog lamp switch so it looks as OEM as possible. I'm going to try to figure out a way to take off the fog lamp logo (the white writing) without messing up the switch, then wire it up so the little orange light comes on when you activate the line lock. It'll look like a factory installed line lock when I'm done. :pimp:

ncontt
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
that sounds pretty PIMP to me...good luck

GoldnGT
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I can't remember who did Ken's setup on his cobra, but he had it wired so when he hit the brakes, he then mashed one of his cruise control buttons and it engaged the line lock for as long as he held the button down... might have been speedsouth.. he did a lot of stuff there.