PDA

View Full Version : CD's stuck in CD Player - Mach 460-6-disc

Wicked
11-25-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this issue. What's the trick to getting them out and getting the CD player operational?

Any hope or would I be better off looking for a new head unit or getting a IPod?

Blown 5.0
11-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this issue. What's the trick to getting them out and getting the CD player operational?

Any hope or would I be better off looking for a new head unit or getting a IPod?

When mine is cold or hasnt been used for awhile it wont do anything, (somtimes the radio will play) After it warms and the ignition is cycled a time or two it will go to working as if nothing wrong. I know this dont tell you how or why but maybe it helps.

Ponygirl
11-25-2006, 04:23 PM

I had that problem in my Cobra and the only way we could get the cd out was to take the top of the unit off. I had to get a new unit.

QWKSNKE
11-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I had that problem in my Cobra and the only way we could get the cd out was to take the top of the unit off. I had to get a new unit.

yep. it has to come apart

Wicked
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, mine used to only do it when it was cold too. Now it hasn't worked for a few weeks.

Hmmm. Sounds like I should rescue my CD's and connect the Ipod at the same time. I figure a new head unit will cost about what the ipod will.

Thanks for the replies.

QWKSNKE
11-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Watch ebay. You can get factory units from $100 up

Blown 5.0
11-26-2006, 07:07 AM
We have a salvage yard here, that was selling the factory head units for 100 dollars. If you want ill check to see if they have one. P.S. i have removed the covers and found that where it plugs for the prongs to be loose, a touch with a solodering iron is all it takes to fix it

ChipR4cam
11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I just poke the cd with something and I usually get it to come out.

rtusnake
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I just poke the cd with something and I usually get it to come out.

Could you put that into more simple terms? :jester:

ChipR4cam
11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Could you put that into more simple terms? :jester:

You can fix or figure out almost anything by poking it with a stick.:D

QWKSNKE
11-27-2006, 05:01 AM
You can fix or figure out almost anything by poking it with a stick.:D

:lol:

94five0
11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
1. place hand into tightly curled ball
2. draw fist approx 18-24 inches from face of unit.
3. propel fist forward at said head unit
4. repeat as neccessary..

:D

actually if it jams, i usually grab a junk cd and wedge it in the slot.. usually spits out cd.. well.. it's worked so far.

Wicked
11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
actually if it jams, i usually grab a junk cd and wedge it in the slot.. usually spits out cd.. well.. it's worked so far.

Yeah, all of the above has worked in the past.

I think Blown 5.0 may be onto something. I will pull it and take a look. May be fixable.

ChipR4cam
11-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, all of the above has worked in the past.

I think Blown 5.0 may be onto something. I will pull it and take a look. May be fixable.

Well, crap. I thought I was onto something.:(

:jester:

Wicked
12-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I took it apart and found the problem...or maybe just a aftereffect.

I found the bottom cd with pieces missing from the edge. So either the CD fragged and caused the failure...or the player failed and messed up the cd.

Regardless, I have it back together and will try it in the car in the morning.

Peace.