PDA

View Full Version : gauges problem

oo-gonzo
12-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I just removed some after market white face gauges from my 94 GT. They are cheap junk in my opinion. The needles on my speedo and RPM tach would not work will these were on. They are off now and i am going to keep the stock ones. my problem is. How do I adjust the needles to be in the right place? Do I have to or does it set automaticaly. I want the needles to work correctly! Any assistance is greatly appriceated! Thanks!

joker
12-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I just removed some after market white face gauges from my 94 GT. They are cheap junk in my opinion. The needles on my speedo and RPM tach would not work will these were on. They are off now and i am going to keep the stock ones. my problem is. How do I adjust the needles to be in the right place? Do I have to or does it set automaticaly. I want the needles to work correctly! Any assistance is greatly appriceated! Thanks!Umm, you need to mark the placement of the needles somehow before you take them off of the cluster. If they have already been removed then I would set both of them at zero and take it for a test drive and adjust from there. You would need some type of radar device though, as well as something to monitor rpms. Or you could always use a dyno to see exactly how much both of them are off.

slvrbullit
12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Jason is correct in marking the needle locations before you remove them. The Tach and all the idiot guages should be marked with the key on. The Speedo should be marked with the key on as well but you have to remove the little stop peg and let the needle fall to a rest below the stop pin, at that point is where it should be marked and reinstalled.

oo-gonzo
12-09-2006, 08:57 AM
When the aftermarket gauges were on it the speedo and tach wouldn't move at all. Do these things wear out? Also, now that everything has been removed aftermarket wise. I have put everything back together and the gauge cluster light stays on all the time. I only removed the aftermarket stuff. No factory wiring was messed with other than what the previous owner had done or did. Any opinions or trouble shooters? Thanks!