PDA

View Full Version : Carpet and Headliners

StangChik
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
So i was wondering if you guys new of any good places around birmingham that does carpet and headliners. Its for my formula, and i can get carpet off of the internet, but i like to find some local so i can see it first. And i definately want to find someone to put a headliner because they are $229 new. Let me know guys:wiggle:

ncontt
12-22-2006, 08:47 AM
headliners are not that hard to do....I did mine in the mustang coupe and it wasn't hard. I got about 3 yards of fabric (approx.) to do mine from a fabric store in Columbus, GA (just because I happened to be there..lol) then got some of the SUPER Adhesive and went from there....surprisingly turned out pretty well and looked just like stock. Price wise it was alot cheaper to do myself then to have a new one. You may just want to check around at local fabric stores and see if they have the headliner material, the stuff I got had the foam backing already on it so all I had to do was cut it and glue it on. Get some rough size estimates before you call so they can find something that is wide enough.

HTH.
Brad

QWKSNKE
12-22-2006, 08:54 AM
. I got about 3 yards of fabric (approx.) to do mine from a fabric store in Columbus, GA (just because I happened to be there..lol)

yeah right :chleader:

:jester:

ncontt
12-22-2006, 09:41 AM
lmao....hahaha, I'm actually a closet Interior designer... :lol:

ncontt
12-22-2006, 09:42 AM
that is I design the insides of closets...lol

StangChik
12-26-2006, 11:44 AM
ha ha funny^^^....well i thoug about doing that, but this car does not have the molded board. Its just preshaped foam, i don't think new material would stick to it.

CrazyInBlack
12-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Check out Eddies Upholstery downtown

not the best area but he does great work

ncontt
12-26-2006, 09:28 PM
ha ha funny^^^....well i thoug about doing that, but this car does not have the molded board. Its just preshaped foam, i don't think new material would stick to it.

oh, gotcha. I thought it was going onto a stock "board". Sorry

oo-gonzo
01-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I recommend you do the headliner yourself. It is very easy to do and you can find help instructions on-line. The carpet you can get in Anniston, AL. i cannot remmember the name of the place, but I have been there and purchased from them. It is already molded and cut for your vehicle model. you just simply lay it in. Don't worrie about glueing it down. carpet is not glued even from the factory. Good luck!

89five0Gt
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
i think the name of the place in anniston that your talking about is is ACC custom carpet. they have carpet for almost anything

oo-gonzo
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Yes, ACC is correct. Good carpet!

StangChik
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
is it already made onto a foam board? Because mine is not on a board it is pre-shaped foam, and eventually the lining starts to fall away from it.

qkjuicedpony
01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I have a headliner guy here in ga.if you could come buy on a saturday he could hook you up.very reasonable and the best interior guy ever