PDA

View Full Version : Belt Length for 351w with U/D pulleys, A/C, P/S

Italian LX
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
On my 351w block with A/C, power steering and underdrive pulleys (bypassed smog pump), an 86" belt fit perfectly within range.

Note: The accessory configurations are as on an 87-93 Mustang.

(As with any belt size recommendation, the length can vary because of different size underdrive pulleys, but this should get you close.)

coupe
02-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Which way was it routed?
Does the belt go down from the alternator straight to the crank-pulley? Or the other way: belt goes from the alternator down to the top of the water-pump pulley and nearly touches itself by the tensioner (not recommended). :shrug:

Italian LX
02-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Which way was it routed?
Does the belt go down from the alternator straight to the crank-pulley?
It's routed the correct way from alternator to crank (water pump wrap is opposite from stock).

. . . Or the other way: belt goes from the alternator down to the top of the water-pump pulley and nearly touches itself by the tensioner (not recommended). :shrug:
:werd:
I've heard of belts shreding due to running the belt that way. I never run mine like that. :nono:

QWKSNKE
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
On a stock 5.0 pulley setup with smog delete it is 83-84" with the belt configuration Brian mentioned

93 cobras are shorter but I am unsure at this point the exact size. I bought an 83" belt and it was to long